Windows 10: Keys function change, not the first time it happens

Discus and support Keys function change, not the first time it happens in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It started by the shift and windows button not working, and then things like with caps lock it's without caps lock, pressing on anything opens a google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ACHorseS99, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Keys function change, not the first time it happens

It started by the shift and windows button not working, and then things like with caps lock it's without caps lock, pressing on anything opens a google page, space bar removes every text, second time i resetted it typed symbols instead of letters, i tried fn + numlock, i dont remember what i did last time it happened but im disappointed at windows because that happened to me at least 3 tines

submitted by /u/ACHorseS99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ACHorseS99, Jul 31, 2020

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 31, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Keys function change, not the first time it happens

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Keys function change, not the first time it happens

1. Keys function change, not the first time it happens - Similar Threads - Keys function change

2. When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.: Is this normal??This video shows exactly what I'm concerned about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKbbkl0KHWE&ab_channel=CameronIvankovic I don't want this to be something that I need to deal with everytime I turn my computer on or something.P.S. It is midnight for me so I...
  3. Keys randomly change functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys randomly change functions: The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again, but it will most...
  4. Keys function change, not the first time it happens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keys function change, not the first time it happens: It started by the shift and windows button not working, and then things like with caps lock it's without caps lock, pressing on anything opens a google page, space bar removes every text, second time i resetted it typed symbols instead of letters, i tried fn + numlock, i dont...
  5. Change function keys?

Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  6. I wish it was the first time that this happened

I wish it was the first time that this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redditForSoccer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egvpez/i_wish_it_was_the_first_time_that_this_happened/
  7. what exactly happens during the first time setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what exactly happens during the first time setup: i am currently on windows 10 build 1809. it has .net frameworks 4.8.3. the c++ redistributables that i have are 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2017. i have directx 12 i am using steam to download games. when i download some games they will download redistributable files...
  8. how to change function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change function keys?: I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11. How do I go about this?...
  9. Changing functions on keys on mouses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing functions on keys on mouses: I have recently bought a Logitech pro mouse with 3 buttons in the thumb area. I am trying to use these to improve my gaming skills in different games. But one of the button are preset to open a recent window that has been opened.(EX: I'm on Fortnite I click this button and it...
  10. Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10: Got a BSOD with this particular message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) first time I see it. My computer has lately been crashing randomly lately and I cant understand why. There isn't much I can say about it because I'am not so good at understanding computers I know...