Windows 10: Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.

Discus and support Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alvy0114, Jul 29, 2020.

1. alvy0114 Win User

Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.

Hello everyone

My latop is an HP Pavilion 13

I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H.
    For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing happens with the H key.

Then i noticed that In powershell the same thing happens. After typing the letter G, everything I typed gets deleted.

It happened on a virtual machine as well.

Lets say i press the G button now outside of this text, It makes my system unresponsive for example when i click on "Type here to search" it tries to open it but closes suddenly, I have to click another letter to make it work again.

I really think it has to do with those two keys G and H because thats when it happens, except for example when I write here, it works just fine on text I guess.

Then i tried using virtual keyboard and it works smoothly with no problems. It seems like these specific keys are acting as a Close command or something . They act like they are preventing me from opening or working on things auto erasing everything I type and freezing the apps.

Today I used youtube and when I type a word with the letter G or H it stops and wont let me continue typing. I have to do the same thing click another letter for example D and then everything starts working again.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Note: I recently updated to version 2004, updated keyboard drivers, restarted etc.

:)

alvy0114, Jul 29, 2020

2. g and h keys not working

g and h keys not working

whenever I type g and h keys they either tend to reload the page or on notepad spams the date.

I am using windows 10.

EpicAllMighto, Jul 29, 2020
  3. paul4dc Win User
    Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the
    windows key.

This issue occurs when:

-I'm typing a url in Chrome/Edge

-Using cortana search

-Searching on Facebook and Typing messages

-Searching in Youtube

It doesnt delete all text in Microsoft Office and Notepad but it still can't drag icons etc until I press the windows key.

P.S This doesn't happen when i press g and h using on screen keyboard. It only happens when I use the built in laptop keyboard.

Thank you to whoever responds!

paul4dc, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.

A couple of my keys are acting like page up keys.

I have a Windows 10 ASUS laptop. My E, F, G, H keys function as page up keys whenever I click on them on a page somewhere. And I don't know if it is sticky keys or not because sticky keys do not appear in my settings. For example, when I am on Google and
    I press E, F, G, or H, it takes me to the top of the page and locks me there until I press the end key. My keyboard driver is updated, and it is the one Microsoft recommends to me. I do not how to solve this issue, please help.

niggestnigga, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.

1. Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Keys acting weird

2. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not workingwhenever I type g and h keys they don't work until the 10th time i press them.I am using a brand new surface laptop 5.thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ea76784e-fef0-4a33-b3c7-99a10982720f
  3. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not workingwhenever I type g and h keys they don't work until the 10th time i press them.I am using a brand new surface laptop 5.thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ea76784e-fef0-4a33-b3c7-99a10982720f
  4. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keys are Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are Acting Weird: When I am typing, certain key combinations act strange. When you type and you are holding down one key then press another, the second key you press shows up. Hold down t and hit y, you will get "ty" However, when I try this with q and w it doesn't work. If I'm holding q, I...
  6. Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.: Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing...
  7. Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H": Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the windows key. This...
  8. My laptop is acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is acting weird: My laptop has been acting weird, and at first I thought maybe there was a virus on it or something, but I used a bunch of anti malware things on the internet to get rid of whatever was making it act weird and no matter what, they all said that my computer was fine. I looked...
  9. g and h keys not working

g and h keys not working: g and h keys not working whenever I type g and h keys they either tend to reload the page or on notepad spams the date. I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ace034ea-884c-4f0e-9b17-a5c609d46e97
  10. My laptop acting weirdly

My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...