Windows 10: keys keeps repeating

Discus and support keys keeps repeating in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by airaMxx, Aug 7, 2022.

1. airaMxx Win User

keys keeps repeating

Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard.

:)

airaMxx, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Repeat Keys not Working

If the above methods didn't work, we suggest that you uninstall all keyboard drivers. For you to uninstall the keyboard, follow the steps below:

• In the search box of Start menu, type device manager
      and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the keyboard that you want to completely uninstall.
    • Right click on it, select Properties and then select
      Uninstall
    • If the computer prompts you restart, do so.
    • If computer prompts you to restart, Windows will automatically install a generic keyboard driver.
    • Then update the keyboard drivers to the manufacturer of your device to update the latest keyboard driver.

Please keep us updated for us to assist you further.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 7, 2022
  4. keys keeps repeating

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

keys keeps repeating

1. keys keeps repeating - Similar Threads - keys keeps repeating

2. My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.: It happens every few days. When the issue starts I even disconnected the keyboard and it keeps typing only a single letter or character indefinitely. My only solution is restarting the pc and it would work for a couple of days. How can I solve this issue definitely?...
  3. My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.: It happens every few days. When the issue starts I even disconnected the keyboard and it keeps typing only a single letter or character indefinitely. My only solution is restarting the pc and it would work for a couple of days. How can I solve this issue definitely?...
  4. My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keys keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  6. keys keeps repeating

keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  7. Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating

Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating: I've searched this topic extensively online and I have not been able to find a definitive solution. Randomly -- not consistently -- while typing a single keeeeeeeey will repeat. I have tried 4 different USB Wired and Wireless Keyboards the keyboards work fine with other...
  8. Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating

Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating: If on my laptop keyboard I keep the W key pressed for a few seconds, then it keeps delivering a W input after I release it, sometimes for 5 seconds or so after I stopped pressing it. The longer I keep it pressed, the longer the phantom input continues for after I lift my...
  9. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...
  10. Key repeating on login...

in Windows 10 Support
    Key repeating on login...: Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to Win10.. So the circumstances are completely repeatable and happen every time I do the following... I wrote a .vbs script to do...