Windows 10: keys not functioning properly

Discus and support keys not functioning properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so when i press the my top fn keys it doesnt do anything like its supposed to example: when i press the brightness down f3 button it opens up the find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jacob priestley, Sep 5, 2021.

1. keys not functioning properly

so when i press the my top fn keys it doesnt do anything like its supposed to example: when i press the brightness down f3 button it opens up the find option ctrl+fwhen i press volume down button f6 it reloads the page in chromeand when i press f11 it makes the window fullscreen this is all with me not pressing any other buttons just the top keys pls helpthank you

:)

Jacob priestley, Sep 5, 2021

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 function keys not working properly

Hi Brianna,

I suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers and see if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 5, 2021
  4. keys not functioning properly

Inverting Function Keys

Hi Daeri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to use function keys using on screen keyboard?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

keys not functioning properly

1. keys not functioning properly - Similar Threads - keys functioning properly

2. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  3. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  4. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  6. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  7. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  8. Function keys not working properly

Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  9. Start key not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start key not functioning properly: Ever since the newest Windows update, the start key on my computer has not been opening the start menu. I know it's not a problem with the keyboard itself because it works fine for shortcuts involving it, but the menu won't open when I press it. I've tried updating drivers...
  10. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Function keys not working properly: I've noticed a while ago that some of my function keys are not working properly: 1- fn + f7: used to turn off my screen but not it does nothing 2- fn + f9: used to disable touchpad but now it doesn't work I think the error might have occurred after a windows update,...