Windows 10: keys not making characters

Discus and support keys not making characters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keys 5, 6, T, and Y on the keyboard and 6, 9, and the character "+" are not working on my keypad. Any suggestions? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnBurkeRN, Aug 26, 2018.

1. keys not making characters

My keys 5, 6, T, and Y on the keyboard and 6, 9, and the character "+" are not working on my keypad. Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

JohnBurkeRN, Aug 26, 2018

2. Keyboard character key mapping

In summary, what I need to do is to map:

• key e0-34 to the "$" character (Shift-4)
    • and key e0-33 to the "€" character (Alt-0128)
    Voila.

Please help.

Thanks.

YvesTrottier, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Aug 26, 2018
  4. keys not making characters

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

keys not making characters

1. keys not making characters - Similar Threads - keys making characters

2. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  3. wrong characters in keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong characters in keys: I just bought my HP 840 G1 and noticed that all characters requiring use of SHIFT key were in the wrong keys what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-characters-in-keys/7c834f71-6758-45ce-bba1-3b395acdf67f
  4. wrong characters in keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wrong characters in keys: I just bought my HP 840 G1 and noticed that all characters requiring use of SHIFT key were in the wrong keys what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-characters-in-keys/7c834f71-6758-45ce-bba1-3b395acdf67f
  5. Missing character on activation key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing character on activation key?: Recently purchased a NEW version of Win10 from Walmart. Went to install today, prompted to scratch to reveal product key, first segment is only 4 characters XXXX instead of 5 XXXXX-XXXXX - with that being said, unable to activate....
  6. Missing character on activation key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing character on activation key?: Recently purchased a NEW version of Win10 from Walmart. Went to install today, prompted to scratch to reveal product key, first segment is only 4 characters XXXX instead of 5 XXXXX-XXXXX - with that being said, unable to activate....
  7. Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys: i recently bought a new keyboard but now it is makin-g a - signevery time i press these keys zxcvbnm,.- what do i do there has been- -no water damage or anything else since i got it is it hardware or software issue please help :...
  8. Remapping characters - NOT keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Remapping characters - NOT keys: Hi all. I've just spent some time (again) on a Mac and there is just one thing from a Mac I would love to have in my Windows. The placement of the @ key. I'm running a Norwegian layout on my keyboard, and therefor type AltGr+2 for my @ (opposed to the Shitf+2 for the US...
  9. I push a key to make two characters. That is wrong.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I push a key to make two characters. That is wrong.: tthhiiss iiss wwhhaatt ii aamm ttyyppiinngg nnooww.. ii ppuusshh aa kkeeyy ttoo ccrreeaattee ttwwoo lleetttteerrss oorr ttwwoo nnuummbbeerrss.. tthhaatt iiss wwrroonngg.. iiff yyoouu llooookk aatt mmyy sseenntteennccee,, yyoouu wwiillll...
  10. 25-character Product Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    25-character Product Key: I just purchased a new HP and I went to install Office and can't find my 25-character Product Key. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/25-character-product-key/3e52a880-6b02-4d1a-855a-04e61cd8ed56"