Windows 10: Keys not usually responsive

Discus and support Keys not usually responsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is starting to bug me out as its been going on since today. Currently my "W" Key is not very responsive and does its own thing as by sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlanTeodocia, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Keys not usually responsive

This is starting to bug me out as its been going on since today.

Currently my "W" Key is not very responsive and does its own thing as by sometimes it will work and other times will not respond, this is a big issue on gaming since the character stutters when moving forward or doesnt move at all. Currently the number 2 doesnt work well as the other one neither both respond with the Shift to change character.

I dont have another keyboard and this is with the laptop. Ive already done some methods even as by factory reset the laptop, ive unintalled the keyboards from device management and reinstall, no luck.

Really hope to have an answer to fix this.

:)

AlanTeodocia, Jun 18, 2020

2. win 7 oem to win 10 free upgrade, install wants key. win 7 key does not work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2020
  3. No response from Cortana

Hello Edward,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps in this article
    to troubleshoot issues with Cortana.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Keys not usually responsive

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Keys not usually responsive

1. Keys not usually responsive - Similar Threads - Keys usually responsive

2. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of some keys on the keyboard: Hello. I ran into a problem with the keyboard, I have a laptop, the ESC and 2 keys have a long response, only when they are pressed more than 40+ they are written / pressed BUT when I hold down space + 2 or shift + @ then as you can see everything works. What could be the...
  3. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of some keys on the keyboard: Hello. I ran into a problem with the keyboard, I have a laptop, the ESC and 2 keys have a long response, only when they are pressed more than 40+ they are written / pressed BUT when I hold down space + 2 or shift + @ then as you can see everything works. What could be the...
  4. Slow response of some keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...
  6. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...
  7. Microsoft Ergo Sculpt - Key Response

Microsoft Ergo Sculpt - Key Response: I have a Microsoft Ergo Sculpt which I've been using for just over a year with no issues.Recently however the left Ctrl key has started to be unresponsive, there doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the keyboard and the batteries have been recently replaced.Are there...
  8. Some keys not responsive on laptop keyboard

Some keys not responsive on laptop keyboard: Only 4 keys are dead - escape, arrow up, and letters g and h right in the middle. I have to use a virtual on-screen keyboard to type them here. I read that installation of some software can mess up keyboard drivers. Well, I uninstalled all my recent apps and did...
  9. Screen froze but keys responsive - dwm.exe error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen froze but keys responsive - dwm.exe error: Sometimes my display will froze. This doesn't happen during gaming but rather when the pc is idling or simply just surfing net. When the display froze, the keys remain responsive so during that "froze" period, I did a "win+r" and "shutdown /r" to reboot the pc. This only...
  10. Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive

Windows Key on Keyboard Not Responsive: My Windows key on the keyboard is not working. I have run through the sfc scannow and the dism repairs and such and it claims everything is working. I did a clean reboot of Windows 10 (Education) and the problem still persists. Looking at the keyboard driver (Thermal...