Windows 10: keys not work properly

Discus and support keys not work properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; why my volume rockers buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work in my dell inspiron 8gen. windows 10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JatinSuthar, Oct 21, 2018.

1. keys not work properly

why my volume rockers buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work in my dell inspiron 8gen. windows 10 laptop

:)

JatinSuthar, Oct 21, 2018

2. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 21, 2018
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 21, 2018
  4. keys not work properly

Windows 10 function keys not working properly

Hi Brianna,

I suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers and see if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

keys not work properly

1. keys not work properly - Similar Threads - keys properly

2. Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.: Hey Everyone,I recently noticed that holding down backspace only erases 1 letter at a time. It used to be much quicker and would erase whole lines when held down long enough. same in the case of arrow keys to. I am on windows 11 and have turned off filter keys. Any...
  3. Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.: Hey Everyone,I recently noticed that holding down backspace only erases 1 letter at a time. It used to be much quicker and would erase whole lines when held down long enough. same in the case of arrow keys to. I am on windows 11 and have turned off filter keys. Any...
  4. Keyboard keys not working properly. Lenovo 330 ideapad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working properly. Lenovo 330 ideapad Windows 11: I updated my laptop to windows 11 quite some time back. And seeing this issue on and off. Now it has become consistent.Some keys on my keyboard like is not working like: [g, h,',7] at all while others do. It works fine if I use on screen keyboard. I did my research and found...
  5. Keyboard keys not working properly. Lenovo 330 ideapad Windows 11

Keyboard keys not working properly. Lenovo 330 ideapad Windows 11: I updated my laptop to windows 11 quite some time back. And seeing this issue on and off. Now it has become consistent.Some keys on my keyboard like is not working like: [g, h,',7] at all while others do. It works fine if I use on screen keyboard. I did my research and found...
  6. My laptop is in windows 11 and this pc function key is not working properly please help me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is in windows 11 and this pc function key is not working properly please help me.: My name is Shiv Shankar Chauhan and I have a laptop is in windows 11 and this windows function driver is not working properly.please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-in-windows-11-and-this-pc-function/8654e1fd-4996-4cf6-8c3d-863f134cf602
  7. My laptop is in windows 11 and this pc function key is not working properly please help me.

My laptop is in windows 11 and this pc function key is not working properly please help me.: My name is Shiv Shankar Chauhan and I have a laptop is in windows 11 and this windows function driver is not working properly.please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-in-windows-11-and-this-pc-function/8654e1fd-4996-4cf6-8c3d-863f134cf602
  8. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  9. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  10. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware