Windows 10: Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working

Discus and support Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10 community ! I'm posting here because I haven't found any other place to ask. If someone knows a better site or forum for me to ask for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TwingoDitto, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working

Hi Windows 10 community !

I'm posting here because I haven't found any other place to ask. If someone knows a better site or forum for me to ask for help, please do tell in the comments.

So let me explain the problem : a few months ago, some of my keys stopped working on my HP laptop. To cite the most of them : "b", "n", "Alt+Gr", "Del", "=", "7" and the f8 key to increase the volume. I still can type them with the on-screen keyboard. My keyboard has always been clean and taken care of, I already looked inside and I can tell those keys are not physically broken or dirty.

I searched on Internet and found the similar issue on forums, but none of them have been solved. The most popular solution is to "buy a new keyboard", which I don't like because first, it does not solve the main issue, and since the original keyboard is "integrated" to the laptop, using a new one is not really comfortable.

I heard somewhere that it could come from a faulty driver, so I went to the Driver Manager and tried to uninstall the keyboard drivers. Problem is, even running as admin, I can't fully uninstall. The Driver Manager asks for my computer to restart, and when it opens again, the faulty drivers are back.

So, I'm kinda at wit's end with this problem. Has anyone met the same issue ? Do you know how to fix that, or at least to definitively uninstall the drivers without them reinstalling by themselves ?

(My laptop is a HP-Laptop 15-bw0xx, and I'm running on Windows 10 2004 64-bit)

submitted by /u/TwingoDitto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TwingoDitto, Oct 7, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working

1. Keys on HP Laptop Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Keys Laptop Keyboard

2. HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All: Hello,I have an HP Pavillion laptop and the keyboard is not working at all. Usually when that happens I use my touchscreen to restart my laptop and it works. However, now even the touchpad isn’t working and I can’t shut down the laptop because the power button is on the...
  3. HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All: Hello,I have an HP Pavillion laptop and the keyboard is not working at all. Usually when that happens I use my touchscreen to restart my laptop and it works. However, now even the touchpad isn’t working and I can’t shut down the laptop because the power button is on the...
  4. HP Pavillion Laptop Keyboard Not Working At All

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working: Please I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop. Formally I use, windows 11 insider build, but due to my absence from the laptop for a period of time, I meet that the current version of windows 11 insiders preview I was using has expired....so I...
  6. Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working

Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working: Please I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop. Formally I use, windows 11 insider build, but due to my absence from the laptop for a period of time, I meet that the current version of windows 11 insiders preview I was using has expired....so I...
  7. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  8. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  9. KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD ON HP LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK: I can't get my HP Laptop keyboard to work. I am running Windows 10. I was finally able to find a message, after hunting - in SETTINGS - UPDATES & SECURITY - TROUBLESHOOT - KEYBOARD When TROUBLESHOOTING is complete, it says 'no changes or updates were necessary" If I...
  10. Some keys in the Keyboard on Hp laptop isn't working on Log-in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Some keys in the Keyboard on Hp laptop isn't working on Log-in.: Help! Good day. I was having a problem recently with my HP laptop running on windows 10. Upon start-up it requires my password but the key L and O is not working suddenly. Unfortunately those two characters were part of my password. Even the on-screen keyboard is not working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unresponsive keys not working on laptop HP