Windows 10: Keys on keyboard randomly mess up.

Discus and support Keys on keyboard randomly mess up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes when i'm playing a game or using a program, my keyboard randomly messes up keys. For an example, when I push D it thinks i'm pushing ALT. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanNGC12, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Keys on keyboard randomly mess up.

Sometimes when i'm playing a game or using a program, my keyboard randomly messes up keys. For an example, when I push D it thinks i'm pushing ALT. I have tried using an on-screen keyboard but it still happens. Any fixes?

I am using a Razor blackwidow ultimate keyboard. (EDIT: I forgot to mention the same happens with my mouse. for an example: when i left click it right clicks etc.)

:)

NathanNGC12, Sep 11, 2018

2. NumLock key messes up alpha keys on desktop with full size keyboard.

Hi,

I realize that numlock key messes up with other keys on the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Unplug the keyboard from the computer, restart the computer once and then re-plug the keyboard to check if that helps.

You may also plug in this keyboard into another PC to check if the issue persists. You may plug in another keyboard in to this PC to check if that helps.

Also ensure to install any pending Windows updates on the PC and restart it to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You may also use the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Keys on keyboard randomly mess up.

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Keys on keyboard randomly mess up.

1. Keys on keyboard randomly mess up. - Similar Threads - Keys keyboard randomly

2. Keyboard keys messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys messed up: yesterday i was playing a game on my laptop and my keys ''g'' and ''h'' weren't working at all but later they started typing again so i just assumed it was just because of the game but today when i press said keys they either get typed in 2-3x times even tho i press them just...
  3. Keyboard keys messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys messed up: yesterday i was playing a game on my laptop and my keys ''g'' and ''h'' weren't working at all but later they started typing again so i just assumed it was just because of the game but today when i press said keys they either get typed in 2-3x times even tho i press them just...
  4. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  5. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  6. Messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up keyboard: so something is wrong with my computer - any time I press the a key it acts as the left arrow key - when I press the w key it acts as the forward arrow key - same thing with my s and d keys to their counterparts?? HELP PLZ!!!...
  7. Messed up keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up keyboard keys: I own a Dell Inspiron series laptop. For a few days now, I have been having issues with my keyboard keys. Every time I press the Shift key, it seems to activate many other keys along with it. I am attaching a screenshot from the Laptop Keyboard Tester website to show all...
  8. Messed up keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up keyboard keys: On my desktop, my keyboard just started to mess up everything, I can't use the @ anymore, (I'm using the phone for writing) and basically every sign is messed up, how do I fix it? It already happened with my previous laptop but never found a way to fix submitted by...
  9. My keyboard keys are messed up...

My keyboard keys are messed up...: Hii... I have a Gamdias Hermes M1 and i'm having an issue where if i press my backspace on that keyboard it types a 5... And Hera is'nt working... I'm now typing with another keyboard, but is there maby a way to clear the memory on my keyboard? I think that hera malfunctioned...
  10. Some keys on keyboard are messed up.

Some keys on keyboard are messed up.: The situation: I spilled water on keyboard. I waited several months before going on laptop. Keyboard works again. Factory Reset and installed Windows 10 Worked for several days until it starts happening again. u and i when pressed turns into ui j or , when pressed is...