Windows 10: keys only work when pressed together

Discus and support keys only work when pressed together in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AistisJagminas, Aug 1, 2023.

1. keys only work when pressed together

my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example, qa, ws, ed, and so on. They only work if I press the key under them, and they both get typed. This wasn't an issue until I did something, the keyboard was working perfectly 10 min ago. Please help

:)

AistisJagminas, Aug 1, 2023
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 1, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 1, 2023
  4. keys only work when pressed together

Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

keys only work when pressed together

1. keys only work when pressed together - Similar Threads - keys pressed together

2. keys only work when pressed together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys only work when pressed together: my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example, qa, ws, ed, and so on. They only work if I press the key under them, and they both get typed. This wasn't an issue until I...
  3. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

ctrl + Space not working while pressed together: So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible...
  4. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl + Space not working while pressed together: So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible...
  5. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  6. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  7. Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...

Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...: Hello, I recently encountered a problem with my keyboard. When first booting up, the laptop would have a 3 out of 5 chance of booting into recovery mode and it maybe because of a stuck key. If it has booted to the lock screen, the keyboard becomes unresponsive so I had to use...
  8. Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.

Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.: Hello, The '2' key on my laptop stopped working properly a few days ago. Up till now, it would start working again when it's pressed very hard, and then it would work properly. But now, it has stopped working even when I press hard. I found out that if I press the 'W' key...
  9. Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time: Hi, my laptop can only use the function keys if i press shift at the same time, they just preform their secondary task (raising/lowering sound, etc) when pressed without shift. This is very annoying though, is there a way to make the keys work without shift? submitted by...
  10. Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key

Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key: Hello everyone, I have a strange issue with my keyboard and I can't seem to find other posts about it. When I press specific keys (L, down arrow, 9 on numpad), they sometimes are not recognized. For minutes at a time, I cannot press them on their own (issue is present in...