Windows 10: Keys randomly start doing different things

Discus and support Keys randomly start doing different things in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The keys on my laptop's keyboard randomly do different things other than type. My only way out of it is by restarting my laptop. I have sticky keys off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Diseased Worm, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Keys randomly start doing different things

The keys on my laptop's keyboard randomly do different things other than type. My only way out of it is by restarting my laptop. I have sticky keys off and the shortcut is off. I just checked settings, and all the sticky keys settings are off. It's quite annoying when I'm able to type and then go to type something else later and a ton of things just start happening and not one thing gets typed. If I were to try and type and 'S' the taskbar would show up instead.

:)

Diseased Worm, Dec 15, 2020

2. Keys randomly change functions

The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again,
    but it will most likely do it again. Is there any way to fix it?

Diseased Worm, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Keys randomly start doing different things

One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine

The thing suggested by @lx07was yet another step of trouble shoot you need to perform to role out the hardware fail possibility than rather a topic for debate .
    I honestly did not suggest it just because its level of technicality is a bit high and I am not quite sure about your level .
    Yet however if you can do that step I can't see why not .
    And yet even if you still manage to get lag you are down to the route I just discussed in my previous post , nothing more to do .

P.S I am not even sure what you mean that the button performs well if you change layout , the aussie & u.s layouts do not even acknowledge that button and most probably assigns a different function / key to which hints the conclusion of your test might be slightly biased

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Keys randomly start doing different things

1. Keys randomly start doing different things - Similar Threads - Keys randomly start

2. my keys do different things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keys do different things: my keys do different things like A selects everything when i type and / types -. and backspace doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-do-different-things/ce200327-fbd0-456f-8e74-bec4ad2e96cf
  3. my keys do different things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keys do different things: my keys do different things like A selects everything when i type and / types -. and backspace doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-do-different-things/ce200327-fbd0-456f-8e74-bec4ad2e96cf
  4. my keys do different things

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My number keys do random things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My number keys do random things: When i pressed my top like 123456789 keys not all do it but like i have tried 1 and 4 it does random things like for the fourth one it writes random letters deletes some and does weird things for example if i press 4 it writes this <r tè-_i!> without the < and > and for the 1...
  6. My number keys do random things

My number keys do random things: When i pressed my top like 123456789 keys not all do it but like i have tried 1 and 4 it does random things like for the fourth one it writes random letters deletes some and does weird things for example if i press 4 it writes this <r tè-_i!> without the < and > and for the 1...
  7. My number keys do random things

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. CTRL key doing random things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key doing random things: Hi, I noticed that i had my CTRL key doing random things like its opening random apps like powerpoint and word. it is also automatically typing this word `+ and it also mutes my volume and opens magnifier. This problem is totally irritating me as i couldn't copy or paste with...
  9. CTRL key doing random things

CTRL key doing random things: Hi, I noticed that i had my CTRL key doing random things like its opening random apps like powerpoint and word. it is also automatically typing this word `+ and it also mutes my volume and opens magnifier. This problem is totally irritating me as i couldn't copy or paste with...
  10. certain keys are doing random things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain keys are doing random things: my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried reinstalling the keyboard driver, troubleshooting everything and nothing seems to fix it. I have also updated my computer to the...