Windows 10: Keys sticking not physically

Discus and support Keys sticking not physically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am encountering an issue where my computer windows 10 will act as if a key on the keyboard is being held down even if it is not. The keys are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichelleS. 1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Keys sticking not physically

I am encountering an issue where my computer windows 10 will act as if a key on the keyboard is being held down even if it is not. The keys are not physically sticking.

The issue seems to manifest exclusively when a key is pressed a lot in a short time span such as the W, A, S, or D keys when in games, and pressing the key again causes the erroneous input to cease.

I have sticky keys turned off so I do not know what is causing this and would appreciate a way to stop it from happening.

Thanks.

:)

MichelleS. 1, Jul 25, 2020

2. Keyboard keys stick in games

Are you sure sticky keys is off? It's an annoying feature they started adding in XP to help with keys sticking.
    Also is your keyboard physically clean? If the button is jammed that would cause the same problem. Also another problem is the rubber/silicon contact could be stuck to the PCB

OzzmanFloyd120, Jul 25, 2020
  3. tiys Win User
    GIVING AWAY: Quake 3, MOH:AA keys

Eh, I think If I remember correctly, in the rules, there can't be passing along of keys or something, just physical stuff....

4. alexp999 Win User

Keys sticking not physically

[WTB]   Vista Ultimate x64 key

You cant buy keys, only physical objects, i.e cd and key. its in the forum rules.

alexp999, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Keys sticking not physically

1. Keys sticking not physically - Similar Threads - Keys sticking physically

2. My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.: Hey,Im not sure when it started but ive been dealing with this issue for months.When im typing normally or playing games, my keys tend to repeat inputs from what i can tell, its any key but i mainly notice it be the space part and letter keys. Sometimes it only seldomly does...
  3. My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keys stick not physically, it will repeat a key inputs.: Hey,Im not sure when it started but ive been dealing with this issue for months.When im typing normally or playing games, my keys tend to repeat inputs from what i can tell, its any key but i mainly notice it be the space part and letter keys. Sometimes it only seldomly does...
  4. Keys sticking not physically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys sticking not physically: I am encountering an issue where my computer windows 11 will have the sticky key sound whenever i press a key The keys are not physically sticking.The issue seems to manifest exclusively when a key is pressed down anytime such as the W, A, S, or D keys when in games, and...
  5. Keys sticking not physically

Keys sticking not physically: I am encountering an issue where my computer windows 11 will have the sticky key sound whenever i press a key The keys are not physically sticking.The issue seems to manifest exclusively when a key is pressed down anytime such as the W, A, S, or D keys when in games, and...
  6. When Gaming, my WASD keys will stick not physically until i hit the specific key again

When Gaming, my WASD keys will stick not physically until i hit the specific key again: This has happened on BOTH my laptops which are different brands an HP and a Vaio and both are running windows 10. I have sticky keys off. I don't understand whats happening tho or why its affecting both of my laptops. its caused me to die more than an handful of times at this...
  7. Physical security key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Physical security key: Facebook forced me to use an alternative sign in method, so I chose the security key. I bought a security key and used it a few times to sign into Facebook, although it's very awkward. Now when I try to log into Facebook I get the request for a security key followed...
  8. Physical security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical security key: Facebook forced me to use an alternative sign in method, so I chose the security key. I bought a security key and used it a few times to sign into Facebook, although it's very awkward. Now when I try to log into Facebook I get the request for a security key followed...
  9. Physical security key

10. ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically: For some reason, today my ‘]’ key started randomly being stuck. I don’t know what could have triggered it, since I hadn’t even pressed it once both times this happened today. But whenever i open any place I am able to type, it spams that key I have to say it isn’t just...