Windows 10: Keys such as "Cap locks" "W" "2" Randomly stops working and works again then repeats

Discus and support Keys such as "Cap locks" "W" "2" Randomly stops working and works again then repeats in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It can't be the dust and dirt all of that stuff underneath, like is it due to games? Internet connection, or hotspot? Like everytime when it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayboiHc, Jan 3, 2020.

1. JayboiHc Win User

Keys such as "Cap locks" "W" "2" Randomly stops working and works again then repeats

It can't be the dust and dirt all of that stuff underneath, like is it due to games? Internet connection, or hotspot? Like everytime when it works again, and i pressed it, it spams for exam: "wwww" Then later stops working again and then repeats, like can somebody please help????!! Like i can't even play games or do other stuff like this. It happened like 2 months ago when i had wifi bills. yesterday was fine but TODAY! why.

Things i tried.

Restarting.

Gone to device manager.

Deleted one game.

Gone to safe mode.

Even it will try to act like you fixed it, but later. It still repeats i need help! is there anyway i can fix this? Can it be due to wifi bills shut off or . like i am confused.

:)

JayboiHc, Jan 3, 2020
  2. SachinMR Win User

Suspected Malware - Certain Keys Stopped Working

Hi Mike,

The keyboard is all good. There is a pattern in which the keys stop working. I have searched online and there are many posts where the keys "2", "S", "W", "X", "Caps Lock" etc. stopped working suddenly.

I would not post a question for using USB keyboard on a laptop.

SachinMR, Jan 3, 2020
  3. W key not working after windows update

W key is not working after the last windows update. On screen keyboard works just fine, and there is no dirt under the keys.

It worked just fine before the update, with zero issues. Now the W key will randomly stop working and I either have to hold the w key down for a long time to get it to work again, or wait till it decides to work again. If I hold the button down, the repeating
    w's will also stop after awhile, randomly.

I have tried every solution, updating keyboard drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, tested things in the keyboard control panel, w also does the same thing there, but otherwise everything looked fine. My buttons are not old and are not shorted, they
    were working great, until the update, now the w key will not work as its intended to.

I hope there ill be a patch to fix this issue.

ExoticLion, Jan 3, 2020
  4. DaveD3# Win User

Keys such as "Cap locks" "W" "2" Randomly stops working and works again then repeats

Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

Having just purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse I now find that the Caps Lock key no longer works. The Shift key works and so does the Num Lock key. My OS is Windows 10 64 bit and is full updated.

Any suggestions how to fix this will be gratefully received.

Dave D3#

DaveD3#, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Keys such as "Cap locks" "W" "2" Randomly stops working and works again then repeats - Similar Threads - Keys such Cap

2. W and 2 keys suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W and 2 keys suddenly stopped working: Sometimes they work, but the majority of the time there is no input.I haven't installed anything since that could have screwed up the input.Thank you in advance....
  3. W and 2 keys suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W and 2 keys suddenly stopped working: Sometimes they work, but the majority of the time there is no input.I haven't installed anything since that could have screwed up the input.Thank you in advance....
  4. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working: I've been having this problem since about a week ago. The left Shift, Caps Lock & the F3 keys stop working randomly, I press any of them several times, they appear to be fine, and then one minute later they stop working again. It appears to be only those three keys that have...
  5. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working: I've been having this problem since about a week ago. The left Shift, Caps Lock & the F3 keys stop working randomly, I press any of them several times, they appear to be fine, and then one minute later they stop working again. It appears to be only those three keys that have...
  6. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 2 of my keyboard keys will randomly stop working then start again in some time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 of my keyboard keys will randomly stop working then start again in some time: On my laptop Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK, the Windows key and left Alt key sometimes just stops working and in some unknown time start working again. The same 2 keys do not work on an external keyboard or even on the Virtual keyboard. Hence, I am assuming it is software...
  8. CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING: Since day before yesterday, my left shift key and caps lock key are not working. Theright shift key and the On-Screen Keyboard works but that is not helpful as now I cannot type fast. I know that there aremany similar topics on the internet but they are of no help to me. I am...
  9. 2, w, and s keys not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2, w, and s keys not working?: got a nice laptop a month or two ago, and i've been playing some games with it online with friends. during game my keys just stop working. I can't use them outside of game either... any help? submitted by /u/ok_phatty [link] [comments]...
  10. Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Caps Lock key on any computer is a really useful key when it comes to typing anything in block letters really easily. But sometimes while intending to use the Tab key or Shift key, the user tends to hit the Caps Lock key [...] This post Caps Lock key not...