Windows 10: Keys swapped on Keyboard

Discus and support Keys swapped on Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I pressed some weird key combination I have no clue which one and now my > and ^ aswell as < and ° keys are swapped. How can I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukasBro, Jan 18, 2021.

1. LukasBro Win User

Keys swapped on Keyboard

Hello everyone,

I pressed some weird key combination I have no clue which one and now my > and ^ aswell as < and ° keys are swapped.

How can I get it back to normal?

I already tried changing the Language in Settings and Unistalling the Keyboard in the Device Manager. I even tried a System restore, to the point it was before the change happenend, but nothing helps.

I have a wireless QWERTZ keyboard. Kinda like this one:

/www.amazon.de/Jelly-Comb-Wiederaufladbare-Smartphone-Fl¨¹sterle/dp/B07BRRXGKP

with the Strg key in the bottom left corner and the the Fn key right next to it.

So normally I press Fn and y to get < and Fn and x to get > but like I said its switched with the top left key second row for ^ and °.

This is very annoying, please help.

Thanks in Advance.

:)

LukasBro, Jan 18, 2021

2. keyboard keys are swapped

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, this issue may occur due to the keyboard driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below method steps.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to update the keyboard driver manually from device manager and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Keyboard and expand it.

• Right click on the keyboard and click on
      updates.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 18, 2021
  3. ARC1020 Win User
    Weird keyboard problem - keys getting swapped

It's a bit of a long shot, but if you go to Control Panel > Language > Options does it list more than one input method?

If so, maybe it's switching between them, such as between English UK Keyboard and English US keyboard. I use the US keyboard when typing in a different language in order to use accents (à, á, etc.) and I find that it changes between keyboards on its own accord for reasons unknown (Usually you click Win Key + Spacebar to toggle between different keyboard input languages).

Keys swapped on Keyboard [​IMG]

Edit: Beaten too it by above poster.

ARC1020, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keys swapped on Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Keys swapped on Keyboard

1. Keys swapped on Keyboard - Similar Threads - Keys swapped Keyboard

2. Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.: Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.I have tried a number of different things and looked through the online answers and Googled online, but have had no luck. Please help!...
  3. Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.: Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.I have tried a number of different things and looked through the online answers and Googled online, but have had no luck. Please help!...
  4. My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My number keys are swapped on my keyboard.: Every time I type in a number key that is not on the numpad, it comes out as a different number. When it's supposed to be 1234567890, it's 1678923450. I tried multiple methods that did not work to fix it....
  5. Keyboard keys swapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys swapped: Hello, while I was on Roblox on my windows 10 computer I accidentally pressed a key and now the keys are swapped with each other randomly, "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w" and "w" is now "z"; and so on with random keys even...
  6. Keyboard keys swapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys swapped: Hello, while I was on Roblox on my windows 10 computer I accidentally pressed a key and now the keys are swapped with each other randomly, "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w" and "w" is now "z"; and so on with random keys even...
  7. Keyboard keys swapped

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. @ and " keys are swapped on a UK keyboard for W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    @ and " keys are swapped on a UK keyboard for W10: Hi, Title pretty much says it all; I've tried reverting language settings but it's identifying the default language as UK English and the Keyboard is a UK keyboard. Normally my Shift+2 is ", but now it's inputting the @ character. Other guide sites are basically echoing the...
  9. Keyboard keys swapping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys swapping: My keyboard keys have swapped and I have no idea how to fix this, for example when I press a it turns up the volume, when I press q it turns up brightness and many more problems. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Please help submitted by /u/EllGordo [link]...
  10. Keyboard keys swapping.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys swapping.: Hi all, I am facing the issue with windows 10 version 1903 and 1809. As keyboard key got swapped. Means, when i am pressing "." Key its showing "b" on screen. Tried with all troubleshooting by my side. But no luck. Could you please assist....