Windows 10: keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game

Discus and support keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Keys have turned into shortcut keys after launching Max Payne 2001 game. But, it gets fixed after when I restart my computer. Does anyone know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sdfsfsdfsdf1, Jul 24, 2021.

1. keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game

Keys have turned into shortcut keys after launching Max Payne 2001 game. But, it gets fixed after when I restart my computer. Does anyone know how to fix it? Also, my keys are not stuck.

:)

sdfsfsdfsdf1, Jul 24, 2021
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Jul 24, 2021
  3. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Autumn20 Win User

keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game

1. keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game - Similar Threads - keys turned shortcut

2. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  3. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  4. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. key shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key shortcut: I'm wondering why pressing w+a+s at the same time cause me to use the q key, is this normal? I do not remember having this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-shortcut/c024b24d-831c-411d-b06c-4acdee2fc534
  6. key shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key shortcut: I'm wondering why pressing w+a+s at the same time cause me to use the q key, is this normal? I do not remember having this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-shortcut/c024b24d-831c-411d-b06c-4acdee2fc534
  7. Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys

Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys: I have several apps on my desktop that I launch with shortcut keys. For instance, Ctrl-Shift-I launches Google so I can do an Internet search. I have been using these shortcut keys for years, as far back as Windows ME, and they have always been a great time saver. Ever...
  8. shortcut key

shortcut key: how to set a shortcut key for calcaulator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-key/9d93c3c2-4cba-4a4e-83df-42495a130122
  9. shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shortcut keys: Is there a list of short cut keys combination and what they do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/shortcut-keys/b5450fac-c842-42d9-b4df-2edb83237916
  10. shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut keys: I use shortcut keys to open programs in various groups. By holding down ctrl-alt and tapping the assigned program letters, I can start opening 6-8 programs in a couple seconds. Or at least I could, until Win 10, where only one program opens unless I slow down the entries....