Windows 10: Keyset does not exist

Discus and support Keyset does not exist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am signed in to my Windows 10 as Administrator but when I go to All Settings - Accounts it says 'You need to verify your identity' When opening... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisNW27, Feb 6, 2019.

1. ChrisNW27 Win User

Keyset does not exist

I am signed in to my Windows 10 as Administrator but when I go to All Settings - Accounts it says 'You need to verify your identity' When opening 'Verify' I get a box saying 'Keyset does not exist'

Anything that I can do?

:)

ChrisNW27, Feb 6, 2019
  2. dlukowsk Win User

Keyset does not exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090016) on windows 10

Before you ask, yes I've tried the steps outlined here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/977754

The problem still persists.

The IIS server is running locally under my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.

I have an Application setup under Sites. The Application pool is using a user *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The application works fine and is able to connect to the available resource through the application pool.

The Application is configured with Pass-through credentials. Under that I have a virtual directory that maps to a unc path. User *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has explicit access to this virtual directory. When I attempt to access it with the pass-through credentials
    I get the error:

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.

Requested URL [The correct url to access the path]

Physical Path [The correct path to the unc share]

Logon Method Anonymous

Logon User Anonymous

First off, Why is this using "Anonymous" when it was set up to use pass-though credentials in the first place. It should be using "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" because this is what the application pool is using.

Secondly:

If I attempt to change the "Connect As" to to explicitly use "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" user, I get the error "Ketset does not exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090016)"

Following the steps outlined in the posted link do not result in any results. I have attempted to add multiple users to the key:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***, LOCAL SERVICE (as suggested), even Everyone with full control. No change.

Anyone have any other resources or suggestions to make?

dlukowsk, Feb 6, 2019
  3. JohnBlu Win User
    Invalid Keyset message in Account Verify

Just recently I noticed that I cant use Cortana because I'm told to loge into my account but I already am as administrator? when I look under account settings I click on Verify Account but I'm told invalid keyset. please help

JohnBlu, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Keyset does not exist

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Keyset does not exist

1. Keyset does not exist - Similar Threads - Keyset does exist

2. What to do if it shows the keyset does not exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do if it shows the keyset does not exist?: I accidentally deleted my user on my PC, now some of the apps are not working and they do not have icons. The command prompt is also not working so I cannot retrieve my user. When I am trying to synch my email account to OneDrive it shows the keyset does not exist. I do not...
  3. What to do if it shows the keyset does not exist?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What to do if it shows the keyset does not exist?: I accidentally deleted my user on my PC, now some of the apps are not working and they do not have icons. The command prompt is also not working so I cannot retrieve my user. When I am trying to synch my email account to OneDrive it shows the keyset does not exist. I do not...
  4. What to do if it shows the keyset does not exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. TPM error : Keyset does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM error : Keyset does not exist: Hi there,I know this question had been asked many many times, but I've never find a solution for it.I'm running a fresh Windows 11 setup. I'm connected to my windows with a E3 account. My computer is Azure AD joined.All is working fine.Now, I want to install Office with my...
  6. TPM error : Keyset does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM error : Keyset does not exist: Hi there,I know this question had been asked many many times, but I've never find a solution for it.I'm running a fresh Windows 11 setup. I'm connected to my windows with a E3 account. My computer is Azure AD joined.All is working fine.Now, I want to install Office with my...
  7. Azure VPN keyset error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure VPN keyset error: I am getting the below message when attempting connection to an Azure VPN, after a user said they had a Dell technician perform work on the motherboard, has anyone else seen this and knows of a solution? [ATTACH]...
  8. Computer Does Not Retain Any Passwords, Showing "Keyset does not exist" error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Does Not Retain Any Passwords, Showing "Keyset does not exist" error message: First the specifics: I am running Windows 10 Home on a 64 bit Desktop computer. I have Office 365. Last year, my daughter used this computer to do some school work, in which they used Office 365 Online. I am not sure what she did, but when we opened up programs like...
  9. Keyset doesn't exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyset doesn't exist: I reset my password two days or so ago and then when I was trying to figure out an issue with Skype saying my pin was an issue, I discovered that my account on my Microsoft computer stated that I needed to verify my identity. When I tried to do that, it gave me an error...
  10. does this exist

in Windows 10 Support
    does this exist: hi, i was wondering if it's possible to a windows 10 laptop with my phone, something similar to apple with the iphone and mac 53557

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyset does not exist windows 10

2. keyset does not exist office 365

3. keyset does not exist outlook

4. keyset does not exist,
  5. windows 10 keyset does not exist,
  6. keyset does not exist keyset does not exist,
  7. key set does not exist,
  8. keyset not exist,
  9. keyset does not exist windows 10 outlook,
  10. keyset does not exist excel,
  11. verify keyset does not exist,