Windows 10: keystroke delay

Discus and support keystroke delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; suddenly my keystrokes and mouse clicks are delayed by 1-3 seconds on email, word or spreadsheets even tying to type this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaleSommerfeldt, Dec 3, 2020.

1. keystroke delay

suddenly my keystrokes and mouse clicks are delayed by 1-3 seconds on email, word or spreadsheets even tying to type this message

:)

DaleSommerfeldt, Dec 3, 2020

2. keystroke delay in Windows 10

Original title: keystroke delay

New acer aspire with windows 10 has literally a 2 second delay and i must hold down key for entire time to get letter or number to appear on screen. Very frustrating to say the least.

stevebrooks1951, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

keystroke delay

Keystroke Delayed in Win10

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your keyboard issue, we'd like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?

For hardware troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, please click
    here

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

keystroke delay

1. keystroke delay - Similar Threads - keystroke delay

2. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9
  3. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9
  4. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...: On Thursday or Friday last week Jan 18/19 my windows 11 began having very strange issues I think after a windows security update. Microsoft based windows Start menu, remote desktop password entry Microsoft 365, calculator, etc. began either not registering any keyboard input...
  6. Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...

Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...: On Thursday or Friday last week Jan 18/19 my windows 11 began having very strange issues I think after a windows security update. Microsoft based windows Start menu, remote desktop password entry Microsoft 365, calculator, etc. began either not registering any keyboard input...
  7. Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions: For many months the lower left of the keyboard keys trigger ‘something’ I know very well I DID NOT SELECT & certainly did not intentionally trigger. I say ‘lower left’ which seems often but it may NOT be limited to that part of the keyboard. It has gotten worse over time and...
  8. Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions

Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions: For many months the lower left of the keyboard keys trigger ‘something’ I know very well I DID NOT SELECT & certainly did not intentionally trigger. I say ‘lower left’ which seems often but it may NOT be limited to that part of the keyboard. It has gotten worse over time and...
  9. Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Keystroke delays when RDC connected to SPro3 with blank screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keystroke delays when RDC connected to SPro3 with blank screen: When Remote Desktop connected from a Win7 client to a Surface Pro 3 with Win 10 Anniversary and the screen blanks there are noticeable keystroke delays. It acts like the machine is in sleep mode and wakes to process the key stroke and re-enters sleep. All sleep configuration...