Windows 10: Keystrokes missing when typing on my Laptop

Discus and support Keystrokes missing when typing on my Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few weeks, my keystrokes go missing unless I am typing so slow that it is extremely painful. This happens in all programs and web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonNZ2020, May 4, 2020.

1. Keystrokes missing when typing on my Laptop

For the past few weeks, my keystrokes go missing unless I am typing so slow that it is extremely painful.

This happens in all programs and web browsers.

I have tried booting in Safe Mode, without resolve.

I have also tried Uninstalling and re-installing the keyboard driver

I have tried running Troubleshooting

I have tried running DISM tools

I have tried running system maintenance

I have tried turning on and off Filter Keys

I have tried adjusting the repeat rates too...

any help would be appreciated as the is slowing my workflow dramatically and is extremely frustrating!

:)

JasonNZ2020, May 4, 2020

2. missing keystrokes

is there a keyboard driver update for missing keystrokes when using Lenovo IdeaPad in laptop mode?

Trish818993, May 4, 2020
  3. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, May 4, 2020
  4. JMcKi Win User

Keystrokes missing when typing on my Laptop

Microsoft Edge - Missing Keystrokes

I began having laggy missing keystrokes while typing inside Microsoft Edge.

I attempted to look up this problem beforehand, and found that it's been a longstanding problem with its predecessor Internet Explorer, as well:

Internet Explorer missing keystroke problem

Other people have also been reporting a "missing keystrokes" issue since installing Windows 10, along with many other severe mouse effects.

After Windows 10 Install My Cursor is Unusable

It began with just missing keystrokes, then I began to notice an increase in this lag time, before it finally began doing the circular-mouse-icon thing. This was on a simple forum where I was trying to type, shouldn't have been any additional scripts running
    and such, and Edge doesn't allow plugins/addons anyway. I can only assume this is an inherent browser problem. So far I have only had this happen while typing text within Edge, and not at any other point in Windows 10 / outside of Edge.

Is there any solution to this? It's very much motivating me to resume using Google Chrome, along with the fact that Edge doesn't support Webm, Unity Web Player, and doesn't have a nice startup page with boxes showing my most frequented sites that I determine,
    like both Chrome and Firefox do.

JMcKi, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Keystrokes missing when typing on my Laptop

1. Keystrokes missing when typing on my Laptop - Similar Threads - Keystrokes missing typing

2. Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes: My computer, a 2 year old HP 360 envy, has recently started malfunctioning. When typing, it often misses keystrokes and often sends signals from keys not pressed, these being the shift, caps lock, and control keys. I have tried uninstalling drivers, running troubleshooters...
  3. Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes: My computer, a 2 year old HP 360 envy, has recently started malfunctioning. When typing, it often misses keystrokes and often sends signals from keys not pressed, these being the shift, caps lock, and control keys. I have tried uninstalling drivers, running troubleshooters...
  4. Missing keystrokes while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing keystrokes while typing: Has anyone found a solution to the missing keystrokes issue? This is most frustrating and is serisouly impacting my productivity. I have replaced my keyboard with a Dell original at great cost. Dell Latitude 5480Windows 10Office proffesional...
  5. Missing keystrokes while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing keystrokes while typing: Has anyone found a solution to the missing keystrokes issue? This is most frustrating and is serisouly impacting my productivity. I have replaced my keyboard with a Dell original at great cost. Dell Latitude 5480Windows 10Office proffesional...
  6. Missing keystrokes while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes: I have tried 2 different microsoft keyboards on 2 different WIN 10 laptops with Win 10 recently updated, they are both missing keystrokes now, I believe due to the Windows 10 update. A cheap Amazon basics keyboard from my husband's compute works, but not any of my microsoft...
  8. missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing keystrokes: is there a keyboard driver update for missing keystrokes when using Lenovo IdeaPad in laptop mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-keystrokes/31f6b89a-aff3-42fd-8751-5a741b1a2f5a
  9. Missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing keystrokes: My computer won't type random letters (most often 'c' 'e' or 'd') until I press those keys many times. Then after a while it recognizes keystrokes, at first a few, then all of them. This happens in start menu and chrome. However when I open notepad or when I have been typing...
  10. Keyboard not registering some keystrokes when typing fast (not FilterKeys)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not registering some keystrokes when typing fast (not FilterKeys): Hello, I have a Dell Latitude 7390 Laptop, 2-in-1 with tablet mode. For the last two days, my laptop hasn't been registering all of the keystokes. Whether it's logging into the laptop, typing this post, sending an email, it feels like the computer is too slow all of a sudden...