Windows 10: Keystrokes

Discus and support Keystrokes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Re: Keystrokes I have a sound when I hit a key on my keyboard, cannot backspace more than 1 space & unable to type 2 identical letters or add 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusanStephenson53, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Keystrokes

Re: Keystrokes

I have a sound when I hit a key on my keyboard, cannot backspace more than 1 space & unable to type 2 identical letters or add 2 spaces together.

This happens on the keyboard whether I am using Word, Excel, Internet, etc.

I do not think that I did anything, but, obviously, I must have somewhere! Help!

Thanks very much!

:)

SusanStephenson53, Dec 30, 2019

2. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    windows search not recognizing keystrokes

Hi Alan,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on your “search windows,” that won’t recognize any keystrokes.
    You can follow these steps:

Method 1: End Cortana's process

Ending Cortana's process in Task Manager might just do the trick. After ending the process, it will automatically restart almost immediately.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Click Cortana. You might have to scroll down a bit to find it.
    • Click End Task.
    For instance, that the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps failed to work you can try the next step.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

Another quick fix attempt, restarting Windows Explorer might jump-start the taskbar search into working again.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Click Windows Explorer. It's located near the bottom of the Task Manager menu.
    • Click Restart.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Keystrokes

Bind a keystroke to a key

Hello,

Binding a keystroke to a key is currently unavailable. However, we suggest that you post your comments and suggestions to
    Windows Feedback. To do that, just click Start menu then type
    Windows Feedback and sign in with your Microsoft account.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Keystrokes

1. Keystrokes - Similar Threads - Keystrokes

2. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  3. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  4. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...
  5. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...
  6. "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.: I am using a macbook laptop with dual system windows&apple this is happening at windows system Whenever I open browser edge or chrome in my laptop "find in page" Keeps popping up even though I have not pressed ctrl+f or f3. It will be working fine until I type anything like...
  7. "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.: I am using a macbook laptop with dual system windows&apple this is happening at windows system Whenever I open browser edge or chrome in my laptop "find in page" Keeps popping up even though I have not pressed ctrl+f or f3. It will be working fine until I type anything like...
  8. "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.

9. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9
  10. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9