Windows 10: Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video...

Discus and support Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got an old Kiano Slimstick, that has similar configuration to early version of Intel Computestick. After I started it, it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dr_Fell, Oct 25, 2019.

1. dr_Fell Win User

Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video...

Hello, I recently got an old Kiano Slimstick, that has similar configuration to early version of Intel Computestick. After I started it, it worked perfectly with both Chrome and Edge able to play YT fullHD 60FPS buttersmooth, also 4K 60 fps was ok (on chrome, edge didn't have option for this resolution). Edge seemed to be even faster than chrome, playing HBO GO fullHD smoothly. Unfortunately Windows updated itself and after update:

-even low res videos seem to be problem for Edge. HBO GO is totally choppy and unplayable. YT - the same problem.

-Chrome is a bit faster, but barely manages to play fullHD standard fps with hicckups from time to time.

What I tried:

-In internet Options I have "use the software rendering..." option turned off

-Edge has set high performance profile in system > display > graphic settings

-Chrome has graphic acceleration turned on and also "override software rendering list" flag on.

Nothing seems to help... What is going on. Why my hardware is working at less than quarter of its former speed? Intel drivers are of course installed and up to date.

:)

dr_Fell, Oct 25, 2019
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

[US]   Newegg/eBay Intel Compute Stick (Atom Z3735F) Win10 $80

2GB of RAM, 32GB of disk space. That's enough to run Windows 10 (albeit just barely). It seemed decent enough for web browsing.

I didn't do much in the way of media work on mine, but it should be. I'll download Big Buck and test tonight.
    cnx-software has some 1080p testing done on this processor:
    http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/01...el-atom-z3735f-computers-running-windows-8-1/

3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    [US]   Newegg/eBay Intel Compute Stick (Atom Z3735F) Win10 $80

Newegg appears to be offloading Intel Compute Stick on their eBay storefront for $79.99 + FS. This is the 2GB memory model that comes with Windows 10.
    Limit 5 per customer.

For our WCG crunchers, this thing did pretty alright (foggy guess is 1k or so?). Charges off USB, so it sips power. Can't find any info on it in our forums, but I remember it being pretty good.

Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video... s-l500.jpg

Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video... upload_2016-4-4_12-7-41-png.png

4. SushiGuy1 Win User

Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video...

Screen Orientation when docked to keyboard - RCA Cambio 10 2in1 Tablet 32GB Intel Atom Z3735F QuadCore Processor Windows 10

Good info. Firmware update approach would not work for me as of latest out of box RCA W101 V2 tablet July 2017 saying Windows "has the latest" available.

Also tried a graphics approach:

• Uninstalled Display adapter driver (and check box to delete files)
    • Restarted
    • Updated to latest Intel Atom Z3735F based Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 32-bit v15.33 (15.33.43.4425, 5/13/2016), more recent than pre-installed 2015 driver
    Still no luck. Thanks for the ideas. Will post here if fix discovered.

SushiGuy1, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video... - Similar Threads - Kiano Slimstick Atom

2. intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ: Dead in the water on a Surface Pro 3, cant even upgrade to WIn 11.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-atom-x7-z8700-cpu-16ghz/6564b469-80fe-4e7b-87c8-7d1f6c7e1c55
  3. intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ: Dead in the water on a Surface Pro 3, cant even upgrade to WIn 11.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-atom-x7-z8700-cpu-16ghz/6564b469-80fe-4e7b-87c8-7d1f6c7e1c55
  4. Want to upgrade from Win32 to Win64 on Intel Atom Z3735F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to upgrade from Win32 to Win64 on Intel Atom Z3735F: I am able to boot into Ubuntu x64 but when I try to boot Windows 10 x64 install it says I do not have a 64bit processor. I would like to upgrade. I keep reading people saying "there is no benefit..." because it can't read over 2Gb RAM anyway. But the benefit is that a lot of...
  5. eSPI Interface Intel Atom - E3930

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    eSPI Interface Intel Atom - E3930: Hello, I need to use Intel Atom E3930 based platform LEC-AL-E3930-2G-8G-ER with LEC-BASE 2.0 and Windows 10 running on it. Intel Atom E3930 supports an eSPI interface, and I need to connect 3rd party device with that. I need to develop an application which runs on Windows...
  6. Intel Unveils Neural Compute Stick 2 for Smarter AI Edge Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Unveils Neural Compute Stick 2 for Smarter AI Edge Devices: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] What’s New: Intel is hosting its first artificial intelligence (AI) developer conference in Beijing on Nov. 14 and 15. The company kicked off the event with the introduction of the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel NCS...
  7. Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs": Hello, I have a older Tablet sitting around in my shelf and I tough it would be nice to have a windows tablet to play around with. How ever I found out that the Processor my tablet is using "Intel Atom Z2560" which had Problems back in 2017. My question is is this still the...
  8. Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error: I had Ubuntu 16.10 loaded on this stick but the o/s proved too much for it. I ended up swapping it out for a lighter-weight Debian based distribution which is still installed as far as I recall. I would like to reinstall Win10 now ( it came with Win8.1 + upgrade to Win10),...
  9. Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD: Hi BSOD squad, I hope you are able to tell me what caused this BSOD today. Background: Intel Compute Stick, used as HTPC. Never had any issues, works like a charm. Upgraded last night to build 10547 EN-GB x86. Today VPN connection to Finland to watch news from Finnish...
  10. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows: Hey guys, I have a slight problem. I purchased a Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC and did not realise it was only supported for or came installed with Ubuntu on it. I am trying to install Windows 10 on it. During install I am constantly getting Windows ran into a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KIANO SlimStick Z3735F hbo