Windows 10: Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified.

Discus and support Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft support. Today I was using my laptop when I was suddenly kicked to my lock screen and my computer seemed to restart itself. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArramisCastellon, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified.

Hello Microsoft support.

Today I was using my laptop when I was suddenly kicked to my lock screen and my computer seemed to restart itself. I tried logging back in with my PIN # but it said my credentials could not be verified. It would not let me change my pin. I tried logging in with my password. It said it was incorrect even after changing it on a separate device because I couldn’t do it from my lock screen.

I made sure everything was the same when entered and I know my account information but I don’t know what to do now. I believe my account may have been corrupted. Please help.

:)

ArramisCastellon, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Getting kicked offline, resolved...BUT

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• When you say kicked offline, do you mean looses internet connection or signed out from that website?
    • If it is specific to some website, have you check other browser? Was the result same?
    • Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?

If you are referring to internet connection which losses and you need to sign in again and again then try the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

Method 1

• If you are using wireless connection, click on wireless icon.

Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified. 37c305b4-070a-4527-bbb1-6aaf2505ebdf.png

• Search for the network through which you are connected.
    • Below that network name you will get a check box stating Connect automatically.
    • Check that box and hope you will get connected automatically to that network as soon as your computer come in its range.
    • For reference you may refer to the screen shot added below.

Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified. e8294572-07fb-45c8-ae70-9620c2541c98.png

Method 2

If issue still persists try to refer the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Fix network connection issues

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 15, 2020
  4. IDLF Win User

Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified.

Your credentials could not be verified

Hi! could you please help.

My Surface is not recognizing my PIN, it show "Your credentials could not be verified"??? I logged in with the password, went to settings trying to verify the PIN, fingerprint and face recognition but is not working, every time the lock screen comes in
    I have to use the password. Already try allowing the windows apps use, did not worked either. What can I do?

Thanks!

Thema:

Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified.

1. Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified. - Similar Threads - Kicked lock screen

2. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  3. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  4. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Your credentials could not be verified"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your credentials could not be verified": Is what I get every time I try to login. "I forgot my PIN & I forgot my PASSWORD" doesn't work as it just takes me back to insert PIN. I don't even know what the password is(It's my mom's pass & she forgot ) I've restarted it more times than I can count, shut it down for...
  6. Your credentials could not be verified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your credentials could not be verified.: When I try to log in this pops up I’ve tried restarting my pc that doesn’t work. I’ve tried the safe mode method that didn’t work. I can’t log in to reset my pin. When I try forgot password I enter all the details it ask me then says error cannot reset pin. Can anyone help?...
  7. “credentials could not be verified”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “credentials could not be verified”: every time i try to log on to my laptop, it tells me my pin/credentials could not be verified and to retry. when i do that i get this: “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus: Oxc000005e). Click to set up your PIN again” i click...
  8. Your credentials could not be verified.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your credentials could not be verified.: Hi, I popped an old CD into my CDROM drive of my laptop to see if I could still read the data.... It just spinned violently, I had to turn off the computer manually with the power button. When I turned it back on, I entered my PIN, it says "Your credentials could not be...
  9. Your credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Your credentials could not be verified: Whenever I try to sign into my computer, I am told my credentials could not be verified. I get sent an email on my phone to confirm that I am actually me, and then I can sign in. Is there anything I can do to fix this?...
  10. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credentials could not be verified: My MS Surface Book has stopped allowing me to sign in with facial recognition and the PIN. I am still able to sign in using my password, which I changed after being unable to sign in. The facial recognition recognizes me, but advises that "credentials could not be verified"...