Windows 10: Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Discus and support Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, My son has a username under the family accounts. Somehow I forgot the password of his account and he is unable to login. I went to my profile at... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Vis_V, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Vis_V Win User

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

My son has a username under the family accounts. Somehow I forgot the password of his account and he is unable to login. I went to my profile at live.outlook.com but under family preferences there is NO option to change his password. When I try to login to the email that he has and click on forgot the password, it gives me a bunch of security questions but I get the email that it is unable to open.

I just want him to login to his user profile on my desktop. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Vis

:)

Vis_V, Jun 29, 2020
  2. haffy Win User

Kids user accounts and family settings

Thanks for the links.

I want to create the kids family accounts but it forces you to assign /create an email even after selecting no email . then trying to enter something that is similar to their name doesnt work either as i get errors 'part of reserved domain' even when i put total random characters.

All i want to do is add the existing local kids accounts to the family list but it doesn't let me do that without assigning them an email? Is this correct?

This new MS stuff sucks its just not that straightforward and they are trying to force you into email accounts when you dont want one.

haffy, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Got locked out of my kid's computer!

OK this is a bit embarrasing...

My kid figured out how to remove Microsoft Family Safety from her pc and made herself admin with password... She's also proud of having done so and doesn't want me to install Family Safety again *Wtf :wtf:

How do you suggest I retrieve my admin account again?
    Keylogger maybe? Never used one before - can you install a keylogger without logging in the pc?

Black Panther, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

I have a laptop and desktop, both of which are associated by my Windows @live account. I want to change the password that I enter when first turning on the device or when awoken from sleep/lock-screen. The password for each device is different and I know
    its not the @live account password, but every step I try and take it won't let me change the start up password. Only my account password.

I'm trying to lock my kids out of the computers and they have lost them but the know the password and I can't change it..

Help!

helenandtim Mason, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

1. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password - Similar Threads - Kid locked Family

2. Kid accounts unable to login to new laptop Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kid accounts unable to login to new laptop Family Safety: i purchased a new Windows 11 laptop, and created the profile for parent, and allowing kids profile to sign in, but not sure why when i clicked on the kids login ID, it just jumped back to login screen without even reaching password screen. We have no problem with our existing...
  3. Kid accounts unable to login to new laptop Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kid accounts unable to login to new laptop Family Safety: i purchased a new Windows 11 laptop, and created the profile for parent, and allowing kids profile to sign in, but not sure why when i clicked on the kids login ID, it just jumped back to login screen without even reaching password screen. We have no problem with our existing...
  4. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change passwords to kids accounts: I've lost the passwords to both of my kids accounts on my family account. When I try to reset password the validation of my recovery form gets denied. Is there a way to bypass this step?...
  5. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change passwords to kids accounts: I've lost the passwords to both of my kids accounts on my family account. When I try to reset password the validation of my recovery form gets denied. Is there a way to bypass this step?...
  6. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  8. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  9. Change Family Organizer and move Organizer to kid account

Change Family Organizer and move Organizer to kid account: When I set up my kids Xbox I used my gmail account. That account has now been taken over by my son. I now need to change the account organizer from the gmail account to my other email, and then make that gmail my kids account so he doesn't lose his status and everything we...
  10. Help reset family account - kids password

Help reset family account - kids password: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...