Windows 10: Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info"

Discus and support Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child lost their email address it had been through their school, and forgot their MS account password, so can't log into the microsoft account any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fort30711, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Fort30711 Win User

Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info"

My child lost their email address it had been through their school, and forgot their MS account password, so can't log into the microsoft account any more. So we need to remove it and create a new one with a new email address. But we can't remove it because we have to withdraw consent first on the "Manage my child's profile info" page. But the account does not show up on that page.

All accounts have been in the US, we have never changed regions.

Other people have said the child needs to log into the MS account once in order for the account to show up on the "Manage my child's profile info" page, but this is not possible, because they forgot their password, and the password cannot be reset, because they no longer have access to that email address.

How can I remove that child?

:)

Fort30711, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid

Hello Jabka71,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Your child's account could be in a different region than yours. To comply with regional regulations around data protection, the child and the adult providing consent need to be in the same regulatory region. It might also be due
    to the account is not configured in the right way. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to reconfigure the feature.

Step 1: Update your region.

• Go to Your info on account.microsoft.com and sign in.
    • Select Edit country/region.
    • Update your country or region to match your child's, then make sure the other settings are up to date. Select Save to finish up.

Step 2: Remove a child and add a child to your family.

For additional information, you can go through the article which talks about
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts and
    Set up and manage your family.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Jabka71 Win User
    Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid

Hi,

When browsing https://account.microsoft.com/family and then clicking on the link published down on that page 'Manage my child's profile info' I'm
    NOT presented with a screen allowing me to select my child and 'Edit this child's personal info' or 'Manage this child's access to third-party apps'

It just shows the following:

Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info" b8b6e2ac-32a7-4911-9617-adc5ec91851d?upload=true.png

My child does appear on the Family summary page though and I went through the parental consent process.

I need to go through the procedure described here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg...-account-give-kids-access-to-third-party-apps.

Jabka71, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info"

Can't remove child account

Back when I first setup my 'family' with my kids accounts I accidentally put in my daughter's email address incorrectly. However, this account still showed up in my family list, just with the wrong email. Now when I try to remove the account it says I
    need to, "Select Manage my child's info, find your child, then select Remove consent for this child's account. Then, try removing this member again." However, after going to the 'Manage my child's account' page this particular account with the wrong email
    address isn't listed.. So how can I remove consent for an account that technically probably doesn't exist?

JeffHackman, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info"

1. Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info" - Similar Threads - Kid lost email

2. Email address change for kids account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  3. Email address change for kids account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  4. Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.: Okay here's the situation. We purchased certified refurbished Dell laptops from Amazon for our kids to use for online school. We have 3 total. I started setting up the first one last night and used my microsoft account, not realizing I should have created a kids email account...
  5. Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.

Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.: Okay here's the situation. We purchased certified refurbished Dell laptops from Amazon for our kids to use for online school. We have 3 total. I started setting up the first one last night and used my microsoft account, not realizing I should have created a kids email account...
  6. Need help removing my microsoft account files/info from kids laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!: My co-worker couldn't get Windows 11 to set up on a new HP laptop. I'm the IT manager in our factory and even I couldn't get it to work. I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows 11.The laptop was for his son. I finished the install and everything works...
  8. How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!

How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!: My co-worker couldn't get Windows 11 to set up on a new HP laptop. I'm the IT manager in our factory and even I couldn't get it to work. I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows 11.The laptop was for his son. I finished the install and everything works...
  9. Children NOT showing in "Manage my child's profile info"; changing country/region was NOT...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Children NOT showing in "Manage my child's profile info"; changing country/region was NOT...: I'm trying to remove consent for a consent for a child. However, my children are not listed under the Manage my child's profile: [ATTACH] I tried the instructions as per this community question/answer i.e. change region:...
  10. Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid: Hi, When browsing https://account.microsoft.com/family and then clicking on the link published down on that page 'Manage my child's profile info' I'm NOT presented with a screen allowing me to select my child and 'Edit this child's personal info' or 'Manage this child's...