Windows 10: Kids able to bypass family safety on Android

Discus and support Kids able to bypass family safety on Android in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using or rather trying to Family safety to control app and screen time on android devices via Microsoft Launcher. Here are 3 issues I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Snake Hollywood, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Kids able to bypass family safety on Android

I am using or rather trying to Family safety to control app and screen time on android devices via Microsoft Launcher.

Here are 3 issues I am having.

My daughter is able to easily get round family safety and disable the permissions simply by going into the settings menu and disabling it really quickly.

A message does pop up saying this action is blocked, but after the action has already been completed, which is useless.

How can I stop this?

on my youngest child's phone, it says accessibility is disabled but it isn't, it is still enabled.
    He is only 7, so he hasn't hacked it.

It has been this way for the last year.
    I have tried to disable and re-enable, no difference.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft launcher, no difference#

I have removed my son from the family and re-added him, no difference.

the reverse issue to 1.

If I need to go in and change admin or security settings, I am also blocked by family safety. And I cannot get around it the same way my daughter does as my reactions are not fast enough to beat the block.

How are parents supposed to override the parental controls?

I have been in touch with the support team for the Microsoft launcher app, but they refuse to help or even reply to me.

:)

Snake Hollywood, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Adding phone to Family Safety

If you haven't used Family Safety before, you can skip this step. If you already use Family Safety, you'll see a screen where you need to match each Windows account to a name on the Family Safety members list.
    If a Windows account doesn't have a matching Family Safety name, click the option to add it.

You'll recognize the people listed on the Family Safety members list as the people in your family who already use Family Safety. When you match them to their Windows accounts, you're verifying for Family Safety that each person is matched to their own correct
    settings. For example, if your child's name is Ben, he might have a Windows account named Ben but be listed in the Family Safety members list as Ben Miller. By matching the accounts, you tell Family Safety that this is the same person.

If there's a Windows account on the computer for someone who hasn't used Family Safety before, you'll see them at the bottom of the list. When you click Add (person's name), Family Safety creates a new Family Safety
    membership for them with their Windows account name.

Kids able to bypass family safety on Android [​IMG]

You can match your existing Family Safety settings to your Windows accounts...

Add passwords...

It's important that all of your Windows accounts have passwords. If you have an account without a password, your kids could log on to that account and bypass their Family Safety settings.

If the Windows accounts you're setting up to monitor don't have passwords, click Add passwords.

If you have guest accounts on your computer, you should turn them off because kids can also use them to bypass safety settings.

Verify your setup...

Click Next and you'll see the Windows accounts that Family Safety is now monitoring on the computer.

Kids able to bypass family safety on Android [​IMG]

See the Windows accounts that are being monitored and what their settings are.

Jody.Brown, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Kids able to bypass family safety on Android

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Kids able to bypass family safety on Android

1. Kids able to bypass family safety on Android - Similar Threads - Kids able bypass

2. unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety: Hi,by a coincidence I have entered two different e-mail accounts for the Family Safety for my kid.unfortunately I cannot remove the wrong one.I log in for the Microsoft Family Safety choose the kid I want to removebut at the end it says only the person that invited the kid...
  3. unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety: Hi,by a coincidence I have entered two different e-mail accounts for the Family Safety for my kid.unfortunately I cannot remove the wrong one.I log in for the Microsoft Family Safety choose the kid I want to removebut at the end it says only the person that invited the kid...
  4. unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed

Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed: My kids figured out how to bypass/crash family safety time limits, app block , install application they want etc. They seem to be using "op autoclicker" some sort of auto mouse clicker, they set it up so the mouse auto clicks multiple times on a blocked app or something or...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed: My kids figured out how to bypass/crash family safety time limits, app block , install application they want etc. They seem to be using "op autoclicker" some sort of auto mouse clicker, they set it up so the mouse auto clicks multiple times on a blocked app or something or...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft family safety bypassed

Microsoft family safety bypassed: My kids figured out how to bypass family safety time limits, app block etc. They seem to be using "op autoclicker" some sort of auto mouse clicker, they set it up so the mouse auto clicks multiple times on a blocked app or something or maybe a window that pops asking for more...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed

Microsoft Family Safety Bypassed: My child was able to bypass the Microsoft family safety settings. I have Google Chrome blocked for my child's account. This block used to work fine. However, today he was able to bypass this block and was able to open Google Chrome even though it shows blocked in the...
  10. roblox malware bypasses family safety?

roblox malware bypasses family safety?: 2 of my sons ages 12 & 10 have family accounts and non-administrator sign-ins on our windows 10 PC's at home. Lately I've been having major issues with their time restrictions and with the usage reporting. I believe I've traced it to some sord of "robux" ? malware that has...