Windows 10: Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed

Discus and support Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up. For starters they switched option for sight impared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dziubym, Apr 29, 2020.

1. dziubym Win User

Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed

My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up.
    For starters they switched option for sight impared users which introduced high contrast.
    I switchged it of and back to normal colors.

But now my classick Windows look where I had icons of apps and documents has been changed to tiles.
    There are plenty of tutorials how to get rid of tiles. Following them I unpinned all the tiles but still I see no option to return to the old look. Here are few screens showing the current look and feel. Any suggestions?

:)

dziubym, Apr 29, 2020

2. connect to wireless diplay

• What is the make and model of your Windows 10 device and Smart TV?
    • asus x550 LA befor the update i was using the wireless diplay, smart tv is hitachi
    • How do you connect your Windows 10 device to your Smart TV? Are you using a streaming device?
    • just start from the tv wireless diplay then from the laptop i open connect from the menu and connect to the tv
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • yes , can't connect to tv
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • remove the device and add it again, reinstall windows 2 times, reinstall video card divers,
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    • windows 10 pro

IskrenStefanov, Apr 29, 2020
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed - Similar Threads - Kids managed change

2. Windows 10 kids games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 kids games: Windows 10 computer - I cannot afford a new computer. It seems mean to have all the good kids games only for Windows 11. My kids want to play too, though we don't have much money....
  3. Windows 10 kids games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 kids games: Windows 10 computer - I cannot afford a new computer. It seems mean to have all the good kids games only for Windows 11. My kids want to play too, though we don't have much money....
  4. Windows 10 kids games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is displayed: My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up. For starters they switched option for sight impared users which introduced high contrast. I switchged it of and back to normal colors. But now my classick Windows look where...
  6. Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows: When I open an app or a menu , the bottom half of the screen often turns white and covers part of the app. This seems to happen more often when accessing apps from the search bar which also moves to the top part of the screen when clicked. I have tried looking on other sites...
  7. Desktop diplay - Aops and other windows

Desktop diplay - Aops and other windows: When I open an app or a menu (I have attached screenshots as examples), the bottom half of the screen often turns white and covers part of the app. I have tried looking on other sites and in the settings but I haven't found any solutions. Is there a way to solve this?...
  8. Windows 10 diplay on desktop (tiles)

Windows 10 diplay on desktop (tiles): How do I change the display screen from tiles to the appearance from my old desktop home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-diplay-on-desktop-tiles/5bf0efdb-6fe6-446d-a7be-2785197cd5df
  9. Windows 10: Kid's Corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Kid's Corner: I know at some point, MS announced that they were ending support for Kid's Corner for Windows 10 devices. I'm sure that I speak for many parents when I say that this app his quite often heavily relied on, especially in regards to controlling what apps and files our children...
  10. A better way to manage Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A better way to manage Windows 10 updates?: I find the current method in which Microsoft pushes their updates to be unacceptable. Frankly I'm fed up with the forced updates just happening out of nowhere and I can't control them. They just download in the background, it just tells you "hey, this is going to be...