Windows 10: Kill/restart application when another one starts/terminates?

Discus and support Kill/restart application when another one starts/terminates? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use a utility that I find really handy, except that it causes problems when I play games. I find myself manually disabling the application before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by STRESSED, Dec 1, 2020.

1. STRESSED Win User

Kill/restart application when another one starts/terminates?

I use a utility that I find really handy, except that it causes problems when I play games. I find myself manually disabling the application before starting a game, then enabling it afterward. This is a hassle.

Is there an elegant way to terminate the process when a given process (i.e. a game) is started, and then restart it afterward? The only method I know of that I could knock out readily is a command script that loops, but that's not what I would call "elegant". I can't see a way to accomplish this with Task Scheduler, either.

:)

STRESSED, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Applications can not restart xp

Applications that prompt me for a restart can not restart xp. "Press ok to restart now" will not do anything. I have to manually click start>turn off computer and click restart so xp can reboot itself it's just that applications can't.

Any ideas?

Lazzer408, Dec 1, 2020
  3. No applications open after an update today

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

I would suggest that you wait for a couple of hours more, if you are still stuck in the same screen I would suggest that you terminate the process by follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Once the computer restarts, perform the steps mentioned in the previous post and check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Kill/restart application when another one starts/terminates?

N97 is killing background applications

Why is my N97 killing applications which are on background? It should not do it without my
    consent.

If I open one heavy web-page with browser, Nokia Maps 3.1, picture-album with single picture open, the phone will terminate browser and Nokia Maps. Sometimes I will have to open addressbook and some other processes, but eventually it will kill processes
    which are on background.

In practice I can not get "Out of memory warning" because the phone is killing applications on background.

How can I stop this from happening, so that phone will not destroy unsaved work and ask to close some applications for freeing memory?

Or is my phone broken (faulty memory chip)?

Software-version:

V 12.0.024

Thanks Antti!

anato---01, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Kill/restart application when another one starts/terminates?

1. Kill/restart application when another one starts/terminates? - Similar Threads - Kill restart application

2. Audio stops working for one source when another starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stops working for one source when another starts: Hello, i have run into a rather strange problem. when i am watching a video on a search engine doesn't matter if it is edge, or chrome and i open up a video game the audio will only play for one of the things but not both. but the oddest thing is that this doesn't happen with...
  3. Audio stops working for one source when another starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio stops working for one source when another starts: Hello, i have run into a rather strange problem. when i am watching a video on a search engine doesn't matter if it is edge, or chrome and i open up a video game the audio will only play for one of the things but not both. but the oddest thing is that this doesn't happen with...
  4. Audio stops working for one source when another starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unknow terminal appear when starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow terminal appear when starting: A unknow powershell appear few time when i using the laptop1. When the it boot and logging in to desktop yes! a power shell in login screen!2. after enter desktop3. when i open task managersome time the popup powershell can function normanly, but mainly it cant type any...
  6. Unknow terminal appear when starting

Unknow terminal appear when starting: A unknow powershell appear few time when i using the laptop1. When the it boot and logging in to desktop yes! a power shell in login screen!2. after enter desktop3. when i open task managersome time the popup powershell can function normanly, but mainly it cant type any...
  7. 0xc0000135 error when starting one specific application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000135 error when starting one specific application: Since the latest Windows 11 updates, I now find that when I run one specific app on my Windows tablet, I get the above error code and the message "The application failed to initialize properly". I click OK and the app closes. I have tried other apps and I do not get this...
  8. 0xc0000135 error when starting one specific application

0xc0000135 error when starting one specific application: Since the latest Windows 11 updates, I now find that when I run one specific app on my Windows tablet, I get the above error code and the message "The application failed to initialize properly". I click OK and the app closes. I have tried other apps and I do not get this...
  9. Kill and Restart Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Kill and Restart Explorer.: I have a Toolbar Shortcut to Kill and Restart Explorer. The below does NOT work when entered into the Target [ Start In: C:\Windows\system32 ] . . . Code: C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im explorer.exe && start explorer.exe . . . but these do . . . Code: cmd.exe /c...
  10. Problem with start up for one application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with start up for one application: Hi everyone, so i had an issue with an application logitech ghub a few days ago. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software to see if it would fix the problem it hasn't, but it's not important. What happen is that the uninstallation/reinstallation process created another...