Windows 10: Kill s-mode when Microsoft will not permit a recovery

Discus and support Kill s-mode when Microsoft will not permit a recovery in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My account was created some time ago with a different email and phone. I do NOT have access to these any more and don't remember the password, it has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Teresa Downs, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Kill s-mode when Microsoft will not permit a recovery

My account was created some time ago with a different email and phone. I do NOT have access to these any more and don't remember the password, it has been a long while.

No matter how I try to get into this travesty, I am told they, unfortunately, cannot verify me. I went through this 4 times, once including making an all-new email address. This **** initiated the recovery, bringing back the old email address.

Because of this, I cannot install an antivirus I already own and paid for, and now I may be infected.

How can Microsoft permit me to use my own computer NOW?

:)

Teresa Downs, Jun 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say "safe mode has limited options and they don't seem to work", are you able to boot the computer to the desktop in Safe mode?

If you are able to boot the computer in Safe mode, then proceed with the clean boot steps as suggested previously.

If you are still facing issues, then please reply with more information so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 22, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Kill s-mode when Microsoft will not permit a recovery

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Kill s-mode when Microsoft will not permit a recovery

1. Kill s-mode when Microsoft will not permit a recovery - Similar Threads - Kill mode Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and S mode: My laptop is currently in S mode and the Microsoft store is missing. I've tried numerous things and video suggestions and updating. I've spent hours trying to solve this problem and for some unknown reason power shell isn't even opening. Please if anyone has any advice or...
  3. Microsoft store and S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store and S mode: I reset my laptop because it was starting to get beyond slow and when I restarted it, the first thing I tried to do was reinstall Chrome. It told me that I have to turn off S Mode to install it so I went to do that but when I clicked go to the store and it said "You'll need a...
  4. Microsoft S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft S Mode: I bought a new laptop and had no idea about the S mode being preinstalled. If I were to uninstall it, would I then need to reinstall Windows 10 and will I be forced to pay for it? Thanks in advance for any feedback on this matter....
  5. Microsoft S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft S Mode: I bought a new laptop and had no idea about the S mode being preinstalled. If I were to uninstall it, would I then need to reinstall Windows 10 and will I be forced to pay for it? Thanks in advance for any feedback on this matter....
  6. Microsoft S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft S Mode: How do I get out of S Mode when it shows this: [ATTACH]Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-s-mode/bebe515a-34b0-4aef-b5bd-688021f37ef4
  8. Microsoft s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft s mode: How can i download microsoft. Net 4.5.2 on my labtop without having to opt out of windows S mode? Need download for work app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-s-mode/fb33a6bf-f164-48ce-b27c-c5efa3b52dfa
  9. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store and S mode: I just received a brand new laptop, and I'm already having issues. So I'm in windows 10 home in S mode at the moment, and if I attempt to disable S mode by any means, the windows store just comes up with a white screen. The windows store itself works perfectly fine, it just...
  10. Recovery points are killed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery points are killed: Hello from Germany. On my HDD there are two partitions, one with Win 7 and one with Win 10, chosen by the Win-Boot-Manager. If I start Win 7 all the recovery points from Win 10 are lost. But starting Win 10 all the "7-points" are still there. Why that and ... how to...