Windows 10: Killed my daughter's computer during update

Discus and support Killed my daughter's computer during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I was performing a Windows 10 update on my daughter's HP Stream laptop when ti got hung up (9 hours at 10%). With no other apparent choice,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike and Caroline, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Killed my daughter's computer during update

Greetings,

I was performing a Windows 10 update on my daughter's HP Stream laptop when ti got hung up (9 hours at 10%). With no other apparent choice, I hard-powered it off.

Now, nothing I've tried has made Windows repair successfully. My latest effort was to create a USB recovery drive from my own laptop. When I try that option, Windows apparently goes through the entire repair/recovery process. Then, when it seemingly reaches 100%, I receive an error message saying the drive cannot be repaired.

Help! Is this machine beyond hope?

Mike

:)

Mike and Caroline, Feb 11, 2019
  2. msny Win User

Ransomware Daughters Computer

Daughters computer has some kind of Ransomware virus on it.
    It has set the computers clock back, if you try to navigate to any website
    a fake Windows Defender web page appears. There is a "Microsoft"
    phone number and an audio suggestion you call the number.

It is on my home network as a wireless desktop but I am not sharing it
    with any device. As soon as we discovered we powered it off.

So, my question is, where to begin trying to do a fix?
    She is running windows 7 home premium.
    Its an old Dell Vostro model.

Thanks for any advice, i have no idea.

3. Thermal compound?? built in PSU??

Wish I'd waited a bit longer before I put in my order. The card I finally chose isn't even listed.

I am without a computer for gaming currently (going on day 6) and it is killing me to use this Dell we bought for the kids. Not enough memory left on it to run WoW thanks to my step daughter loading in her Sims game. Frustration rules.

-I was hoping to run 1680x1050

anxietyjnky, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Killed my daughter's computer during update

My Daughter's computer BSODs at least once daily, more often if in use.

Hello,

We understand the issue and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the make and model of the computer.

I suggest you to update the drivers by following the step provided in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

If the issue still persist, then there might be compatibility problems with the drivers. So I suggest you to install the Graphic card driver in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Download the setup files for the driver from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Killed my daughter's computer during update

1. Killed my daughter's computer during update - Similar Threads - Killed daughter's computer

2. Updates are killing my productivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updates are killing my productivity: I work from home. Zoom calls and software development over internet connections.My internet speed is the fastest that I can get at my location, and that is 1.5 Mbps download and 0.2 Mbps upload. If I could get faster internet here, I would. Fiber is not in my area. I am in...
  3. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update killed my Bluetooth: I dont have Bluetooth anymore. I cant see it on tray and settings. The Windows got updated and I dont want to uninstall it. I want to be able to connect using Bluetooth. I need help since I cant do anything in this PC without connecting to Bluetooth....
  4. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update killed my Bluetooth: I dont have Bluetooth anymore. I cant see it on tray and settings. The Windows got updated and I dont want to uninstall it. I want to be able to connect using Bluetooth. I need help since I cant do anything in this PC without connecting to Bluetooth....
  5. Xbox controller update killed my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox controller update killed my computer!: HiI bought a new HP computer in July with Intel i7 and 16gb ram, which has been super speedy. I have been using an Xbox Bluetooth controller to play games, but had some issues where the connection kept dropping.I installed the Xbox accessories app, and it asked me to update...
  6. Why are your updates killing my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are your updates killing my computer?: i have updated my hp elitebook revolve 810 G1 a couple off times now since i aquired it. sadly once updated it keeps developing new issues every time. so much i have already reset it twice. so please do tell why your updated keep killing my computer!...
  7. Windows update KILLED my computer

Windows update KILLED my computer: Hello, Latests windows update killed my HP laptop. I have tried several suggested solutions from HP support, including BIOS reset, however I cannot get past the HP logo screen. ONCE it allowed me to get to BIOS screen, however BIOS reset never completed. Currently...
  8. Windows update kills my computer

Windows update kills my computer: I am trying - desperately -to get my computer to stop windows 10 updates. Every time it updates, I get into an "automatic repair" "can't repair" loop. chkdsk says there's nothing wrong. Restore to a previous version doesn't work. So I have to re-install and wipe...
  9. Update killed my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my computer!: So after one of your wonderful Windows updates on my Asus Zenbook Flip, it went to a blue screen and said it had to restart. The laptop shut down and now it's completely dead...no lights, no charging, no nothing. What the heck did you do Microsoft...this is my lifeline for...
  10. Ransomware Daughters Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware Daughters Computer: Daughters computer has some kind of Ransomware virus on it. It has set the computers clock back, if you try to navigate to any website a fake Windows Defender web page appears. There is a "Microsoft" phone number and an audio suggestion you call the number. It is on my...