Windows 10: Killing off 'Mail'

Discus and support Killing off 'Mail' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Please, anyone, 1. Can I disable Mail altogether? I am perfectly happy with 'Live Mail' - but not about constant duplication. 2. And, if I can't,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ajay303, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Ajay303 Win User

Killing off 'Mail'

Please, anyone,

1. Can I disable Mail altogether? I am perfectly happy with 'Live Mail' - but not about constant duplication.

2. And, if I can't, where does all the incoming mail go, it I don't tediously delete each one?

3. If I do have to tediously delete each one, whilst I have found a 'trash' folder, I have yet to find an equivalent of 'Delete all'. Can't believe I have to go through the folder, tediously deleting each one in turn, yet again.

4. Or does it matter? Do they fall off the end of the plank automatically, in the course of time?

Simple to some - but not to a simpleton!

Ayjay303

:)

Ajay303, Oct 24, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Change reading pane from right-read to bottom-read

Sadly the use of Windows Live Mail will no longer be an option for anyone as of June 2016 - as Microsoft are killing it off 'coincidentally' just before the free Windows 10 upgrade offer ends, in a bid to railroad more people into using the far less popular
    free built-in mail application that comes with Windows 10. So this option can sadly be discounted.

StephenSomeone, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Killing off 'Mail'

You could always open Mail, click on your email account, then go to sync setting, and turn sync off.

Cornishman, Oct 25, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    Alternatively you could uninstall the mail app completely (if you aren't planning to use it) by running the command Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage from elevated powershell window. This will remove the mail app (and the calendar app as they are linked) for the current user.

See Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. You can always re-install them from the store later if you want to.

Don't delete your mails individually from the mail app though as this will delete them from the server and thus from Windows live mail as well.

6. Ajay303 Win User
    Thanks, Guys. Have gone for the first option because it seems the easier to get my head round -but we shall see.

Ajay303, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Killing off 'Mail'

1. Killing off 'Mail' - Similar Threads - Killing off 'Mail'

2. Is Killer killing Yahoo Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Killer killing Yahoo Mail?: My Win 11 DELL PC with a Network Adapter from Killer often shows No Internet or Connection Reset for my Yahoo mail tab. All other Chrome tabs are fine. My other two Dell Win 11 machines use Qualcomm and they never have any issues with Yahoo mail. All three machines use the...
  3. Is Killer killing Yahoo Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Killer killing Yahoo Mail?: My Win 11 DELL PC with a Network Adapter from Killer often shows No Internet or Connection Reset for my Yahoo mail tab. All other Chrome tabs are fine. My other two Dell Win 11 machines use Qualcomm and they never have any issues with Yahoo mail. All three machines use the...
  4. This Week in IT – Is Microsoft Killing Off Patch Tuesday?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This Week in IT – Is Microsoft Killing Off Patch Tuesday?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IT_PRO_21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u9n8kx/this_week_in_it_is_microsoft_killing_off_patch/
  5. How to move my stuff off of OneDrive then kill off OneDrive permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move my stuff off of OneDrive then kill off OneDrive permanently: I never wanted OneDrive, but when I bought a new laptop, it somehow was enabled, and now I'm having tons of error messages telling me OneDrive is full and I should buy more storage. I attempted to move MY files off of OneDrive, but now File Explorer shows all my files with...
  6. How to move my stuff off of OneDrive then kill off OneDrive permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move my stuff off of OneDrive then kill off OneDrive permanently: I never wanted OneDrive, but when I bought a new laptop, it somehow was enabled, and now I'm having tons of error messages telling me OneDrive is full and I should buy more storage. I attempted to move MY files off of OneDrive, but now File Explorer shows all my files with...
  7. How to move my stuff off of OneDrive then kill off OneDrive permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft is killing off Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is killing off Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Microsoft has already confirmed it will kill off defunct web browsers in the coming months and additional details are finally available. According to updated support documentation, Internet Explorer is set to stop working next year and the browser will be retired on June 15,...
  9. KB4560959 killed my mail, now it won't sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4560959 killed my mail, now it won't sync: My Windows Mail and Calendar stopped syncing on 7/7/20 the only change was the KB4560959 Security update. Cannot connect to either Optonline mail servermail.optonline.net Sync error0x80072af9. Cannot uninstall that update either....
  10. who killed outlook mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    who killed outlook mail: I need help, I updated my computer the first week of Feb. and now I can not sync mail or open either email accounts. I am at my wits end https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-killed-outlook-mail/7ed8685f-616c-47ac-8923-13aa4eb0c8de