Windows 10: Kind of getting sick of the "Hello, we've updated your PC.." dialogue.

Discus and support Kind of getting sick of the "Hello, we've updated your PC.." dialogue. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I probably need to take myself off the fast track. Seems like 2-3 times a week these days, I come into my pc in the morning, only to get the dialogue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by musiclover7, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Kind of getting sick of the "Hello, we've updated your PC.." dialogue.

I probably need to take myself off the fast track. Seems like 2-3 times a week these days, I come into my pc in the morning, only to get the dialogue that my PC rebooted, and changes have been made, they are getting things ready for me, etc. etc... I dunno... Am I the only one who is getting kind of tired of this? Just update my pc, and bring me to my desktop already. It would be one thing, if significant changes were taking place... Then I would be cool with it, but if it's just a basic update, then wouldn't it be more prudent to not make a big deal out of it? A few times now I have had someone on the phone, and I really need my computer for something, and I get stuck waiting for the screens to cycle. Can't be just me... #MissingIncognitoUpdates

:)

musiclover7, Jul 14, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Onyone else getting sick of the "your pc ran into a problem" shut downs!?!?!?

Have you had a 3rd party antivirus program installed?

lacrumb, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Onyone else getting sick of the "your pc ran into a problem" shut downs!?!?!?

When I upgraded to win 10 I had to get rid of everything 3rd party including foxfire because everything conflicted with 10. It took me over 4 months to get my machine working again. Now I am dependent on Defender only and to be honest I think it is doing
    a good job. But this continued "collecting information" shut down is simply WRONG! There should at least be a warning that would give us a chance to save what we are working on before it simply crashes the machine. I have had this happen at least 50 times
    in the last year sometimes 2 or 3 times in a day. And it only did the full 100% collected restart 2 times the rest just froze my machine. Now it simply flashes the blue box and instantly crashes my machine. Actually I think it shuts down my CPU and my screen
    says "no signal" and I have to hard boot to start it again. Some times I have to restart 4 or more times. Once I had to do a power plug restart and THAT really makes me mad. I see LOTS of people with similar complaints. My little E-machine is amazing and
    has been tolerating this horrible abuse but I know it is not doing it any good! It really sucks when I am doing edits and I lose the edits.

steveking1951, Jul 14, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Kind of getting sick of the "Hello, we've updated your PC.." dialogue.

The issue here is that you're doing insider updates.

"Normal" users have not had to upload new builds at the rate that you and I do.

They have had maybe 2-3 in the year since Win 10 came out and will have their next one on Aug 2.

It's part of the normal update, however I'd recommend insider feedback to have them make up more slides that could be displayed depending on what was done to change it up.

Also, you could eliminate seeing those by using the option to allow user logon by the updater when performing the updates, after a update running overnight, I see the desktop in the AM, not a logon and then what you describe.

RWOne, Jul 14, 2016
  5. Hmm. That last part is helpful. Did not know about that setting. Will give it a shot. Thx!

musiclover7, Jul 14, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    There has only been one build upgrade (10586).

OP - you should just move to Slow Ring. Fast Ring updates are coming thick and fast at the moment.

cereberus, Jul 14, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yeah, and my internet just this month upped our normal bandwidth allotment from 300 GB to 400 GB. I thought "SWEET! I'll never hit 400 GB!" Well, here it is 50% of the month gone and I've used 59% of my allotment.

NavyLCDR, Jul 14, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

In the UK, there is such fierce competition, virtually all deals are unlimited, and even on heavy days I never get throttled but my speed is not that fast approx 4GB per hour

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Kind of getting sick of the "Hello, we've updated your PC.." dialogue. - Similar Threads - Kind getting sick

2. I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...: That do after i get help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-black-screen-with-sentence-hi-weve-got-some/f8eb9b85-697e-43e5-b911-840d7d003247
  3. I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...: That do after i get help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-black-screen-with-sentence-hi-weve-got-some/f8eb9b85-697e-43e5-b911-840d7d003247
  4. I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. sick of the latest update

sick of the latest update: ive traeled the internet for months trying to get my bluetooth to work again , every suggestion these volunteers answering on here dont have a clue sending people in circles . to make it 110% clear microsoft disabled bluetooth in the last update claiming it was down to...
  6. Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This...

Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This...: Hello! I use HP laptop. I believe this update happened last night but I am not sure. When I restarted my laptop today, it was slow. (Since last 3-4 days, it has become slow) Then the login screen finally loaded. I entered my password and the screen showed "Hi". Next screen...
  7. Windows 10 and sick PC

Windows 10 and sick PC: I need to thank the ones that helped me with installing the new SSD's. I did a clone on my Windows 7 and it turned out great. The only thing I had to change was Expanding the Volume. Don't know how I screwed that up. My wife's Windows 10, I first did a reinstall over the...
  8. We've got an update for you

We've got an update for you: This message came up on my computer with the options of "Restart Now" "Another Time" and "Ok". I am unable to click on any of the options or get rid of the message. I have rebooted my computer now, multiple times. Any suggestions?...
  9. "Hi. We've got some updates for your PC" is on my HP laptop. how can I get rid of it

"Hi. We've got some updates for your PC" is on my HP laptop. how can I get rid of it: I have the message "Hi. We've got some updates for your PC". Can you help me rid my laptop of this? I got a message yesterday that my security program had expired and planned to renew it today. hmmm? Sounds fishy....
  10. Sick of It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sick of It: I have been working with PCs since the 8086 ... I have been through MsDoS (all versions) as well as Windows since 3.11 for workgroups ... it seems as though MS has not been able to get it right since MsDoS 4.0 ... anyone remember the parity errors? Anyone remember all the...