Windows 10: Kindle app and books installed on Surface downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally

Discus and support Kindle app and books installed on Surface downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open the Kindle application it downloads from OneDrive instead of opening from the C: drive. Once Kindle opens, the book I am reading also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cannonlily, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Kindle app and books installed on Surface downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally

When I open the Kindle application it downloads from OneDrive instead of opening from the C: drive. Once Kindle opens, the book I am reading also downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally from C. My concern is the data usage because I am typically on a hotspot when I'm using my Surface and I'm not sure why this app is reaching out to the cloud to retrieve the data when it and the book is installed locally. Does anyone have any suggestions on making Kindle run locally?

:)

cannonlily, Sep 15, 2021
  2. johna00 Win User

New Surface Duo device--pen/ink and Kindle Books app

Hi,

I saw on the MS announcement event video the other day that the Surface Duo will have a Kindle Books app. I'm wondering if we will finally be able to use a pen to write on the pages of a Kindle book? With this form factor, ink support would make the Kindle
    app the Killer App! I don't know how to contact sales support for the Surface Duo, so I hope y'all don't mind me posting here.

Thanks!

johna00, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Kindle on surface go

I just purchased my first surface go. How do I get my kindle app and books on here. I went to the Microsoft store and searched for kindle-- no app showed up, only books on how to use a kindle. Thanks for the help

LauraTaylor5, Sep 15, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Kindle app and books installed on Surface downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally

Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10?

I think you are correct. Also if my memory is correct, books not stored locally on the tablet have a little cloud icon.

Amazon keeps a copy of your purchased book in their own "cloud" and you can re-download the book to authorized devices and software as many times as you need to without violating their terms of use agreement. Amazon also allows you to have several different devices the book can be on at the same time - you can run the Kindle app in Windows, a Kindle app on an Android device, and a true Kindle e-reader, all with the same book on it. However, you might have to go into device management on Amazon's website and clear out old devices if, for example, you reload Windows and the Kindle App and it gets detected as a new device.

NavyLCDR, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Kindle app and books installed on Surface downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally

1. Kindle app and books installed on Surface downloads from OneDrive instead of opening locally - Similar Threads - Kindle app books

2. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store: I have purchased the Kindle app via the Microsoft store and am having trouble downloading the app. I get an error message when it attempts to acquire the licensing. I have cleared the Microsoft windows cache, but I still get the error....
  3. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store: I have purchased the Kindle app via the Microsoft store and am having trouble downloading the app. I get an error message when it attempts to acquire the licensing. I have cleared the Microsoft windows cache, but I still get the error....
  4. Kindle app download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle app download: tried to download Kindle app after updating and get following message: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll What do I need to do to correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-app-download/cfc7a62f-83ce-489a-9cf5-bc2b8f41bbf9
  5. Kindle app download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle app download: tried to download Kindle app after updating and get following message: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll What do I need to do to correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-app-download/cfc7a62f-83ce-489a-9cf5-bc2b8f41bbf9
  6. Unable to install download on surface book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install download on surface book 2: I am using a surface book 2 and am unable to install apps or programs from downloads. Installer gives an error message indicating that the files I am trying to download are either incomplete or corrupted. This is after windows has blocked the install and I have given...
  7. Kindle PC app not Downloading Books

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kindle PC app not Downloading Books: I have hundreds of Kindle books in my Family Library. They are all accessible through my Amazon and Android and Apple devices. However, over the past few weeks, I have discovered that I cannot download any Kindle books on any of my Windows 10 PCs. The Kindle Cloud Reader is...
  8. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store: I am wanting to download the Kindle app from the Microsoft Store. When I go to the page where you download it, it says it's already on my device. I looked in my Windows menu and it's not there. The Store won't let me install it. What do I do? Windows 10 latest version....
  9. Downloading books in windows 10 to my kindle

Downloading books in windows 10 to my kindle: I read a lot of books and review them, however, I have been getting my books from Booksprout who delivers them to my yahoo email account and I plus a USB plug into my computer and then download the books on my kindle from the USB plug. However, I just got windows 10 today...
  10. Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app

Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app: When I search for a file in Cortana that I have stored in OneDrive and stored locally on my computer it REFUSES to open the locally stored file in the default app and instead opens it in the garbage OneDrive website in my browser! For instance, I have a collection of PDFs...