Windows 10: Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10

Discus and support Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There have been numerous threads here before on the topic, so it's a widespread problem. I've tried: Uninstalling / reinstalling the Kindle app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmZee_Kindle, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10

There have been numerous threads here before on the topic, so it's a widespread problem. I've tried:

• Uninstalling / reinstalling the Kindle app
    • Dinking with the power management settings
    • Uninstalling USB controllers (hint: there are several; if you do them all you'll disable your keyboard and mouse and have to force-reboot the machine)
    • Trying different cables and different USB ports, both on the computer and on the hub.
    • Plugging into a USB 2.0 port (well, hoping the hub has one, as the desktop has only 3.0)

The device shows as charging, but Windows does not acknowledge that it's been connected.

It used to work - then some months ago, it quit. I saw one suggestion that the problem started when Amazon pushed an update out to the Kindle. I could try doing a total reset - but if that doesn't work, now I've lost all my sideloaded books with no way to reinstall them.

Any other suggestions?

:)

EmZee_Kindle, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10

1. Kindle Paperwhite not recognized by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Kindle Paperwhite recognized

2. Kindle not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kindle not recognized.: Windows 10 home. Kindle 7th generation. When I plug my Kindle into my laptop it does not show up anywhere on my pc so I cannot add books to it manually. It is also not showing up anywhere in device manager so I cannot re-install the drivers. The Kindle itself only has...
  3. Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized

Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized: Hello, I'm attempting to copy ebooks from my desktop to my new generation 10 kindle; however, I am unable to get Win 10 to recognize the reader when connected with a USB cable. Suggestions on how I can overcome this problem?...
  4. Kindle

Kindle: I "ejected" Kindle from my apps but am not sure I should have done so. Can I re-install it? If so, how? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle/0db5990e-1920-436d-bfaa-8b139cdd8397
  5. Kindle Reader for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle Reader for Windows 10: Can't find the Kindle Reader App for Windows 10 in Microsoft Store. Where do I go to get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-reader-for-windows-10/444b9c40-da82-43da-9e3c-3986264a15ee
  6. Kindle users inc new paperwhite with audio book playback

Kindle users inc new paperwhite with audio book playback: Hi folks The new Kindle paperwhite with Audio book playback - brilliant --still works with Calibre (Free e-book management program) as do the older kindles. calibre - E-book management Excellent e-book manager -- convert epub to mobi / azi3 etc so you aren't restricted to...
  7. Kindle

Kindle: Hello, I recently downloaded the Kindle app for the desktop computer; downloaded alright-alright with the smartphone because I use to read when I travel-but does not allow a single read at the home computer! Has anyone read an e-book at the desktop? UnsaR...
  8. Kindle

Kindle: my kindle won't open on my windows 10. Its a black screen and when I click on the screen it goes away. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/kindle/4fd04497-32b4-4464-a060-755c50f76d83
  9. Kindle paperwhite users - even ist gen

Kindle paperwhite users - even ist gen: Hi folks If you like kindles and are using an older paperwhite version Amazon has released software / firmware update -- has much nicer interface, extra fonts including the new Bookerly which makes it almost identical to real paperback font, you can adjust the size of the...
  10. Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10?

Anyone have a Kindle or use Kindle App in Windows 10?: As mentioned, I have a Kindle App on my Windows 10 tablet. I just bought and received my first book for the Kindle App. Right now, I have no idea if its on my tablet or in the Cloud. If I have it, is there any way to back it up to a flash drive so I don't loose it? I do have...