Windows 10: kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

Discus and support kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i've been trying to use my kinect as a webcam input but it detects the kinect as an audio device. right now it only flashing green light with the laser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Addinpanas, Feb 11, 2019.

1. kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

i've been trying to use my kinect as a webcam input but it detects the kinect as an audio device. right now it only flashing green light with the laser continuously flashing

:)

Addinpanas, Feb 11, 2019
  2. citawe Win User

XBox 360 Kinect as Webcam

Is it still possible to use an xbox 360 kinect as a web camera in windows 10? I used to use it in windows 8 (i think) and it worked perfectly fine but now all of the applications like the browser, and the camera app show that I have no camera connected.
    The strange thing though is that when I use the OpenNi virtual webcam application it works perfectly fine and I can see myself clear as day (only in the OpenNI Virtual Webcam app) but I can't seem to get other applications to use it as input. I think I downloaded
    it from here https://falahati.net/component/attachments/download/18 .

Sorry to ask such an outdated question and if I have to I'll just buy a webcam but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

""

citawe, Feb 11, 2019
  3. windows kinect

Hi Ruja,

To answer your query, Kinect for Windows is only programmed to work on Windows computers. Xbox consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360 can use Xbox Kinect specifically programmed for each of them.

For more information about Kinect for Windows and Xbox Kinect, you can refer to the links below:

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Feb 11, 2019
  4. citawe Win User

kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

XBox 360 Kinect as Webcam

Thank you. I tried updating all of the Kinect drivers but it says they're already up to date. It seems that the Kinect is working as a camera but none of the applications (including google hangouts or the Microsoft camera application) are showing it as
    an available input device.

citawe, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

1. kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10 - Similar Threads - kinect 360 webcam

2. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 360

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 360: How do I get Microsoft Office to download and run correctly on Windows 10? I have downloaded the program but it is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-microsoft-office-360/e080e3fb-3525-4a2e-9329-895169da8655"
  3. windows 10 voice input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 voice input: I am trying to set up my new Dell Vostro 3670 desktop running Windows 10 pro and I need voice input to the computer. When I plugged in a headset into the headset port (port 5) on the front of the computer , I got the following message when I tried to troubleshoot the...
  4. 360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio

360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio: I recently got a Kinect and have noticed it does not work within Kinect studio as it displays a grey screen. I have tested the Kinect with an actual 360 and it works great. But when connected with an adapter the green light turns on and windows detects something was plugged...
  5. Making an Xbox 360 Kinect work on Win 10 x64?

Making an Xbox 360 Kinect work on Win 10 x64?: I picked up an original Xbox 360 Kinext and USB/power adapter for under $15. I'd like to use it for 3D scanning but so far haven't been able to get it working. I've found some old info, and a ton of people who have reading comprehension problems telling people asking about...
  6. Input Lag in Windows 10

Input Lag in Windows 10: Hello! I have struggled with input lag in Windows 10 for a while now. I know there are many posts about this but after looking through so many I still never found my solution. I have tried different peripherals and all of them are from very popular brands (Zowie, Logitech,...
  7. Webcam not working in Windows 10

Webcam not working in Windows 10: I`ve got a Microsoft LifeCam HD3000. It worked perfectly in windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Got it to work now with the camera in windows 10 but with very low resolution. Get mess that the driver for it is not compattable with windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects: Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems to connect for 5 seconds and then disconnects for 5 seconds and continues this cycle endlessly. Running the Kinect...
  9. webcam

webcam: I have a hp webcam model 2300 hd that when you use it I get errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/webcam/f0c315b7-ce5d-4c90-9797-28b14f548e39
  10. New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10: [img] [img] Kinect - Windows app development This preview adds support for using Kinect with the built-in Windows.Devices.Perception APIs, and it also provides beta support for using Kinect with Windows Hello. Getting started is easy. First, make sure you already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using xbox 360 kinect as webcam 2019

2. using kinect as webcam win 10