Windows 10: kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

Discus and support kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i've been trying to use my kinect as a webcam input but it detects the kinect as an audio device. right now it only flashing green light with the laser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Addinpanas, Feb 11, 2019.

1. kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

i've been trying to use my kinect as a webcam input but it detects the kinect as an audio device. right now it only flashing green light with the laser continuously flashing

:)

Addinpanas, Feb 11, 2019
  2. citawe Win User

XBox 360 Kinect as Webcam

Is it still possible to use an xbox 360 kinect as a web camera in windows 10? I used to use it in windows 8 (i think) and it worked perfectly fine but now all of the applications like the browser, and the camera app show that I have no camera connected.
    The strange thing though is that when I use the OpenNi virtual webcam application it works perfectly fine and I can see myself clear as day (only in the OpenNI Virtual Webcam app) but I can't seem to get other applications to use it as input. I think I downloaded
    it from here https://falahati.net/component/attachments/download/18 .

Sorry to ask such an outdated question and if I have to I'll just buy a webcam but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

""

citawe, Feb 11, 2019
  3. windows kinect

Hi Ruja,

To answer your query, Kinect for Windows is only programmed to work on Windows computers. Xbox consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360 can use Xbox Kinect specifically programmed for each of them.

For more information about Kinect for Windows and Xbox Kinect, you can refer to the links below:

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Feb 11, 2019
  4. citawe Win User

kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

XBox 360 Kinect as Webcam

Thank you. I tried updating all of the Kinect drivers but it says they're already up to date. It seems that the Kinect is working as a camera but none of the applications (including google hangouts or the Microsoft camera application) are showing it as
    an available input device.

citawe, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10

1. kinect 360 as webcam input on windows 10 - Similar Threads - kinect 360 webcam

2. Kinect as webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kinect as webcam: Was wondering if the Xbox One Kinect can be used as a webcam and for Windows Hello in Windows 11? If yes, will drivers update via Windows Update or would they have to be done manually?...
  3. Kinect as webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kinect as webcam: Was wondering if the Xbox One Kinect can be used as a webcam and for Windows Hello in Windows 11? If yes, will drivers update via Windows Update or would they have to be done manually?...
  4. Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Kinect as a Windows 10 obs/skype video input: Hi all, I have an Xbox 360 kinect plugged into my computer and I have the kinect SDK 1.7 drivers installed. Any newer than that and my system doesn't recognize a kinect is connected. Is there any way I can make it into an actual camera input? I tried the OpenNI...
  5. kinect 360 help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    kinect 360 help: I want to make my kinect recognizable as a webcam and not just a motion capture tool and I need help with it as other software doesn't recognize the kinect as a webcam and also wanted the screen to be 16:9 widescreen and I won't be using to record but rather animate in after...
  6. Kinect as a webcam to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kinect as a webcam to windows 10: I want to make my kinect a webcam and not just for motion capture by my other software but i can't figure it out submitted by /u/Threshersaurus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcdffi/kinect_as_a_webcam_to_windows_10/
  7. Kinect as a working webcam

Kinect as a working webcam: I really want my kinect to work just like a webcam but I don't know how so please anyone help me, i plugged it in and did kinect studio but it did not make other software think that kinect is a webcam. please help me...
  8. 360 Kinect as a webcam

360 Kinect as a webcam: Hi, I'm trying to setup my 360 Kinect as a webcam on my PC but my PC does not recognise it. Can someone help me to get this sorted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/360-kinect-as-a-webcam/962f140a-b745-4ab2-b092-faf8eae33c21
  9. Getting Windows 10 to recognise xbox 360 kinect as a webcam

Getting Windows 10 to recognise xbox 360 kinect as a webcam: Dear All, With the current situation COVID-19 I am setting up a home office. Everything is great accept the webcam issue all sold out in the shops etc. I have pulled out an old xbox 360 Kinect and have had some success with installing it. I have the drivers installed:...
  10. 360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio

360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio: I recently got a Kinect and have noticed it does not work within Kinect studio as it displays a grey screen. I have tested the Kinect with an actual 360 and it works great. But when connected with an adapter the green light turns on and windows detects something was plugged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kinect as webcam windows 10

2. xbox 360 kinect as webcam windows 10

3. kinect 360 windows 10

4. use kinect 360 as webcam,
  5. use xbox 360 kinect for webcam on windows 10,
  6. 360 kinect windows 10 webcam,
  7. using xbox kinect as webcam,
  8. use xbox 360 kinect as webcam windows 10,
  9. xbox 360 kinect webcam,
  10. windows 10 kinect 360 webcam,
  11. xbox 360 kinect blinking green light windows 10,