Windows 10: Kinect as webcam

Discus and support Kinect as webcam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was wondering if the Xbox One Kinect can be used as a webcam and for Windows Hello in Windows 11? If yes, will drivers update via Windows Update or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ###Jerry###, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Kinect as webcam

Was wondering if the Xbox One Kinect can be used as a webcam and for Windows Hello in Windows 11? If yes, will drivers update via Windows Update or would they have to be done manually?

:)

###Jerry###, Dec 5, 2021

2. Kinect as a working webcam

I really want my kinect to work just like a webcam but I don't know how so please anyone help me, i plugged it in and did kinect studio but it did not make other software think that kinect is a webcam. please help me

ThreshersaurusRex, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Louis Win User
    Using a Microsoft Kinect on a PC as a Webcam; Is \Stream.sys for Kinect Available?

Microsoft has drivers to let the Kinect do this in a different update channel. Here's how to get those drivers from Windows Update.

Opt-in to receive test distribution drivers

1. Open the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
    2. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\
    3. Create subkeys \DriverFlighting\Partner\
    4. Under \Partner subkey, create a string named “TargetRing” and key-in “Drivers” as the value.

Get the drivers from Device Manager or Windows Update

From Device Manager:

1. Open Device Manager (Windows key + x, then m).
    2. Expand “Kinect sensor devices”.
    3. Right-click on "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0".
    4. Click "Update Driver Software..."
    5. Click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
    6. Allow it to download and install the new driver.
    7. Reboot.

You can now use the Kinect for Xbox One as a webcam and for Windows Hello.

References:

Louis, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Kinect as webcam

360 Kinect as a webcam

Hi, I'm trying to setup my 360 Kinect as a webcam on my PC but my PC does not recognise it. Can someone help me to get this sorted?

KieranRobson1, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Kinect as webcam

1. Kinect as webcam - Similar Threads - Kinect webcam

2. so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...: So, the title explains most of it but here is the error message and system specs. Error code: 0xA00F4244 nocamerasareattachedSystem Specs: 16gb ram installed, 256gb SSD, windows 10 home non activated, intel core i7 5th gen, intel iris pro 5200,...
  3. so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...: So, the title explains most of it but here is the error message and system specs. Error code: 0xA00F4244 nocamerasareattachedSystem Specs: 16gb ram installed, 256gb SSD, windows 10 home non activated, intel core i7 5th gen, intel iris pro 5200,...
  4. so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Kinect as webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kinect as webcam: Was wondering if the Xbox One Kinect can be used as a webcam and for Windows Hello in Windows 11? If yes, will drivers update via Windows Update or would they have to be done manually?...
  6. Xbox One Kinect as a Webcam with Windows 10 shows flipped image/video in apps.

Xbox One Kinect as a Webcam with Windows 10 shows flipped image/video in apps.: Hi all, So I've recently connected my Xbox One Kinect to my Windows 10 PC to see if I can use it as a webcam. I purchased an adapter, connected it all up and connected it to my computer with everything working. When I open the Camera App it shows me the exactly what I...
  7. Kinect 360 that identifies itself as a webcam to other software and 16:9 screen

Kinect 360 that identifies itself as a webcam to other software and 16:9 screen: OK i really want to know how i can set up kinect 360 to identify from other software that they think the kinect is a webcam and not just motion capture and want to make it wide screen 16:9 in camera instead of 4:9 as I want to make it happen instead of using developer studio...
  8. Kinect as a webcam to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kinect as a webcam to windows 10: I want to make my kinect a webcam and not just for motion capture by my other software but i can't figure it out submitted by /u/Threshersaurus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcdffi/kinect_as_a_webcam_to_windows_10/
  9. Kinect as a working webcam

Kinect as a working webcam: I really want my kinect to work just like a webcam but I don't know how so please anyone help me, i plugged it in and did kinect studio but it did not make other software think that kinect is a webcam. please help me...
  10. 360 Kinect as a webcam

360 Kinect as a webcam: Hi, I'm trying to setup my 360 Kinect as a webcam on my PC but my PC does not recognise it. Can someone help me to get this sorted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/360-kinect-as-a-webcam/962f140a-b745-4ab2-b092-faf8eae33c21