Windows 10: Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows.

Discus and support Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings. Ever since I've been able to connect mi Kinect V2 with my PC on Windows 10, It's been a fantastic camera, motion capture device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THE BLUE CONDOR, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows.

Greetings. Ever since I've been able to connect mi Kinect V2 with my PC on Windows 10, It's been a fantastic camera, motion capture device and conference microphone. All of the programs like Discord, TeamSpeak, Skype, Chrome... Were able to pick Kinect as a microphone when needed. With the exception of the Xbox Companion app.

While it recognizes it as a microphone, once you try tu use it in a party chat, "THE SAMPLE RATE FOR YOUR MICROPHONE ISN'T SUPPORTED" mesage is displayed, and you can't be heard from other players. The solution of changing the sample rate of Kinect, that Windows Help shows via a link under the aforementioned message, can't be applied since it appears to be fixed at " 4 channels, 32 bit, 16000 Hz".

It's been like this since the beggining of the Xbox companion app for me, I hope that somewhere there, must be a solution for this, I can't think of a reason why their own developed hardware, cant work with one of the main functions it was originally designed to do.

Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows. 1abff2ef-99b5-4394-a488-67b85a16005a?upload=true.png Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows. a9f247d2-54cb-465e-9f66-6d35624cd65c?upload=true.png

:)

THE BLUE CONDOR, Apr 10, 2020

2. Xbox Kinect for pc not showing any light

Hi,

It appears that the issue is specifically with your Xbox Kinect for PC. Here are two methods on how to troubleshoot Xbox Kinect issues:

Method 1: Here is a

link
    on how to troubleshoot Kinect for Windows.

Method 2: Here is a

link
    on how to Set up Kinect for Windows v2 or an Xbox Kinect sensor with Kinect Adapter for Windows.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Kinect v1/v2 in Windows 10 (and then Matlab)

Hi Everyone, I know it's been asked a lot of times but I can't get a clear answer so I try to ask again:

1. Is Kinect v1 compatible with Windows 10? If yes, should I buy a particular usb connector? which are the drivers to donwload?

2. Is Kinect v2 compatible with Windows 10?

My final goal is to use Kinect with Matlab (2015 or whatever works).

Thanks for your understanding!

Annagiulia

Annagiulia_SSSA, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows.

windows kinect

Hi Ruja,

To answer your query, Kinect for Windows is only programmed to work on Windows computers. Xbox consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360 can use Xbox Kinect specifically programmed for each of them.

For more information about Kinect for Windows and Xbox Kinect, you can refer to the links below:

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows.

1. Kinect V2 non compatible with the Xbox Companion App for Windows. - Similar Threads - Kinect non compatible

2. Multiple Kinects V2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Kinects V2: Hello allI have multiple kinects V2 and i want to collect images using both of them at the same time simultaneously.I have on my computer only USB 3.0 controller so when i plug in more than one kinect, my computer only recognizes one, as it is shown on the screenshot.Is there...
  3. Multiple Kinects V2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Kinects V2: Hello allI have multiple kinects V2 and i want to collect images using both of them at the same time simultaneously.I have on my computer only USB 3.0 controller so when i plug in more than one kinect, my computer only recognizes one, as it is shown on the screenshot.Is there...
  4. Kinect V2 Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kinect V2 Windows Hello: My Kinect works fine in studio and any other app but does not work for windows hello. The hello setup says 'This option is currently unavailable.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kinect-v2-windows-hello/2e8603b9-fcd3-4ed1-a96a-c50b058cf3bd
  5. Kinect V2 Windows Hello

Kinect V2 Windows Hello: My Kinect works fine in studio and any other app but does not work for windows hello. The hello setup says 'This option is currently unavailable.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kinect-v2-windows-hello/2e8603b9-fcd3-4ed1-a96a-c50b058cf3bd
  6. Xbox companion app

in Cortana
    Xbox companion app: how to open the xbox companion app from search run command? pls i need answers fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app/2da320e6-df16-4ccc-aa25-bf7e57c36ff5
  7. Kinect V2 *only* working in Kinect Studio v2.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kinect V2 *only* working in Kinect Studio v2.0: With all the distance learning stuff, i figured my old kinect would work great as a 1080p webcam for Zoom sessions. Issue is, it refuses to send any kind of visual data to apps beyond the applications included in the kinect SDK. Now, it is manually modified to send the...
  8. Xbox Companion App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App: I'm having an issue with the streaming function. After I downloaded everything I needed and set things up, made sure all the boxes were checked to enable my pc to detect and stream from my xbox one, it worked once. Afterwards, nothing. Nothing I do is making the stream...
  9. Xbox 360 kinect compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox 360 kinect compatibility: i have questions about the original Xbox 360 kinect software for windows 10 do i use the new versions or the old versions of the SDK Programs? i have the Xbox 360 kinect...
  10. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: The Xbox companion app opens then immediately closes with no message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I am on a brand new computer with all windows updates complete....