Windows 10: Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal

Discus and support Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, I am trying to take advantage of Kiosk mode at my company. I want to create a kiosk that will only display one URL and is restricted to that URL... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lee A. Wedel, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal

Okay, I am trying to take advantage of Kiosk mode at my company. I want to create a kiosk that will only display one URL and is restricted to that URL alone. Using the kiosk mode, there is only one browser available in that program and that is Microsoft edge.

I would prefer full screen mode, only access one URL and redirect to that URL.

Does anyone have a free way to do this? My company spends 5-15k a quarter on kiosk software and we could use that money elsewhere. Maybe XML or script that I don't know of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Lee

:)

Lee A. Wedel, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Yetshua Win User

No Web Browser in Windows 10 Assigned Access List

I'm the head of IT at a small utility company, and we make use of Assigned Access in order to make available several kiosks which are set up to use our web portal. This worked perfectly with Assigned Access in Windows 8.1, however, now that we've upgraded
    to Windows 10, there are no web browsers at all available in the Assigned Access list of available apps. No Internet Explorer, and no Microsoft Edge either.

The kiosks are now running Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. I could easily still set up Assigned Access for another app if I so chose, but with no web browser in the list of available apps, our web portal based kiosks are now utterly worthless. Please tell me that
    there's a way to fix this. If not, I'll most likely be spending a lot of time this week reverting all those kiosks back to Windows 8.1

Yetshua, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal [​IMG]
    Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

I was not aware that browser are not a good choice of app for assigned apps, read extract from MSDN (Microsoft Design Network):

Due to the subject matter I would suggest that you post your question in the TechNet Forum at the link below:

Technet forums

For a kiosk device to run a Classic Windows application, use

Shell Launcher
    to set a custom user interface as the shell (Windows 10 Enterprise or Education only).

2. Web browsers

Internet Explorer and any third-party web browsers that can be set as a default browser have special permissions beyond that of most Windows Store apps.
    Web browsers are not good choices for assigned access.

If you need to use a web browser as your assigned access app, consider the following tips:

• You can create your own web browser Windows Store app by using the
      WebView
      class.
    • You can use Group Policy to block access to the file system (network shares, local drives, and local folders) from Internet Explorer’s web address bar.

To block access to the file system from Internet Explorer’s web address bar

• On the Start screen, type the following:

Copy

• Press Enter or click the gpedit icon to launch the group policy editor.

• In the group policy editor, navigate to User Configuration >
        Administrative Templates
        > Start Menu and Taskbar.

• Double-click Remove Run menu from Start Menu.

• Select Disabled, and click Apply.

Shilohbob, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal

1. Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal - Similar Threads - Kiosk browser Employee

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  6. whatsapp web portal qr code not loading

whatsapp web portal qr code not loading: when i tried to open whatsapp web portal both in microsoft edge and google chrome and whatsapp web desktop app. the qr code is not generated and it is simply rotating without end. qr code is not appearing. how to fix it. i am using windows 10 krishnan ks...
  7. Web browser.

Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  8. Encrypt web browser

Encrypt web browser: I want to delete the encrypt web browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-web-browser/d7349cbb-9672-4bd7-8d1a-48eabf0bc7ac
  9. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser: The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-configuration-designer-kiosk-browser/a4db6b73-57e8-4bad-a4b7-f5edb03f31d8
  10. KB4457131 Breaks SSRS Web Portal URL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4457131 Breaks SSRS Web Portal URL: I have not found any information on this so I decided to create my own post. I have applied KB4457131 security roll up to 3 separate environments which resulted in the same behavior; breaking the SSRS Web Portal URL resulting in a 503 error. The Web Service URL still works,...