Windows 10: Kiosk Mode Partially Working upon Boot

Discus and support Kiosk Mode Partially Working upon Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have machines that are placed in kiosk mode via group policy via a registry edit and then a group and user policy enforces kiosk mode. This also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iTninjasaki, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Kiosk Mode Partially Working upon Boot

We have machines that are placed in kiosk mode via group policy via a registry edit and then a group and user policy enforces kiosk mode. This also kicks off a script that starts two programs. This is so that our remote users using these machines don't have any options to accidentally or on purpose mess anything up. The issue is now we are imaging new machines and they are imaged the same as ones that worked in the past except they won't enter kiosk mode and they won't kick off the script to start up the programs. They are in the correct OU and they are getting updates as well as group policy. HELP!

:)

iTninjasaki, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Acrobat reader in kiosk mode

Hi,

I'm trying to use Acrobat Reader instead of Edge in kiosk mode in order to show a pdf but I can't understand how to add Acrobat to the list of application that are allowed to work under kiosk mode

thanks in advance

Enrco

EnricoRollo, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Kiosk Mode Partially Working upon Boot

Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

We would just like to clarify some information.

• How many apps do you plan on running on the said mode?
    This maybe an option that suits your purpose. Kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

For more information, you might want to check this article out about:
    Configure kiosk and shared devices running Windows desktop editions

Regards.

Jonas Flo, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Kiosk Mode Partially Working upon Boot

1. Kiosk Mode Partially Working upon Boot - Similar Threads - Kiosk Mode Partially

2. W11 Kiosk mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Kiosk mode not working: Hi you all,im trying to set up a full screen single app kiosk mode in w11 but without success.im using windows configuration designer included in microsoft adk.i disable all but creation of local user account and the win32 app i want to be launched not uwp, the package is...
  3. W11 Kiosk mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Kiosk mode not working: Hi you all,im trying to set up a full screen single app kiosk mode in w11 but without success.im using windows configuration designer included in microsoft adk.i disable all but creation of local user account and the win32 app i want to be launched not uwp, the package is...
  4. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  5. Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk Mode: I have set Kiosk mode with a single user and a single app. I am unable to remove the user and do not get an error but just times out and Kiosk mode with the user is still enable. How do I remove this in Windows 10 Pro version 2004?...
  6. Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up: Hi all. bit of an odd one here, that's really annoying me. our work putters are Surface Pros using Win 10. Since we've been homeworking, I have basically the same set-up as at work; I have a separate keyboard [my Logi K120 as opposed to work's HP one] plugged into the dock...
  7. Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up: Hi all. bit of an odd one here, that's really annoying me. our work putters are Surface Pros using Win 10. Since we've been homeworking, I have basically the same set-up as at work; I have a separate keyboard [my Logi K120 as opposed to work's HP one] plugged into the dock...
  8. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  9. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  10. Kiosk mode

Kiosk mode: I want to switch to Kiosk mode because I have to disable slide advance on arrow keys. However I want to make sure that will not affect other features. What’s your advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/d03a29b2-e1f3-4885-a9ac-7d1c647a6a56