Windows 10: Kiosk mode setup

Discus and support Kiosk mode setup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, the title doesn't describe the complete situation. Here's the breakdown of what I want to do, what I have tried and what haven't worked. [WANT]: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sushan31, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Kiosk mode setup

So, the title doesn't describe the complete situation. Here's the breakdown of what I want to do, what I have tried and what haven't worked.

[WANT]: I am trying to have a single app kiosk mode on windows. Have a touchscreen monitor, and want to run a website for sign-in's. The website is provided by 3rd party. I want to run a browser for the website in kiosk mode. The computer needs to be up and running 24*7 without automatic reboot or constant sign-in's to user account. I am using Windows 10 version 1909

[TRIED]: I have tried couple of methods.

First, windows assigned access for Kiosk mode. Created one, choose Edge and had the link and everything. The setup was nice but the problem is the website doesn't run smoothly on Microsoft Edge. (Keeps lagging and gives problems). Upgraded to new Edge Chromium, the website runs perfectly in new edge chromium but the Kiosk mode doesn't support new Edge. Gives blue screen when into Kiosk mode and found out they are working on it and dob't know when it will be fixed.(Thanks, Microsoft!).

Second, tried Google Chrome in Kiosk mode. Works fine and its up and running. The problem here is the computer restarts every night and have to sign in every morning. I tried to change the Active hours of windows but it doesn't let me change it for more than 18 hours. So it's not running 24 hours.

[NEED]: Is there any way I can make this work? Have spent lots of time trying to figure this out. Any solution for keeping windows running 24 hours? Using linux is not an option for me here. The constraints are it has to be on windows, needs to run the website in a browser without computer going to sleep or restarting.

submitted by /u/Sushan31
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sushan31, Aug 28, 2020

2. kiosk mode

Hello Damion,

You can exit Assigned access by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.

Option 2 in the tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to remove a Kiosk account for Assigned Access to permanently exit Kiosk mode.

Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Kiosk mode setup

Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Kiosk mode setup

1. Kiosk mode setup - Similar Threads - Kiosk mode setup

2. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  3. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  4. Setup Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 using AutoPilot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 using AutoPilot: I am having issues when it comes to the "Setting up your device for work" and Device Setup for a new AutoPilot and Kiosk Mode setup using Setup a Windows 10 kiosk device using Intune and AutoPilot In The Cloud 247 as a guide except not using Kiosk Browser - chose Edge.Device...
  5. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  6. Kiosk mode setup systemsettings.exe keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kiosk mode setup systemsettings.exe keeps crashing: I have a Windows 10 Education 2004 machine. I am trying to set it up as a kiosk with Edge, but every time I try, it freezes and says "systemsettings.exe has stopped". I have tried MANY times. I delete the kiosk user I created just for this purpose and go through the kiosk...
  7. Kiosk setup Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk setup Help: I am trying to change the default kiosk app from Edge to IE. I am not trying to use the user account that i am logged in to be on kiosk mode rather I am trying to use the local account (through Users/Set up a kiosk). When I create a new local account for kiosk and give it a...
  8. KIOSK MODE

in Windows 10 Customization
    KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  9. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  10. Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access: I have a tablet that I need to setup as kiosk on Microsoft Edge. It was on 1607, but that version did not support Kiosk Mode on MS Edge, so I proceeded to update to version 1909 which at this time is the latest one. So I went once again try enabling Assigned Access but...