Windows 10: KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

Discus and support KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a system require to run an UWP application in KIOSK mode and require power button to shutdown Due to security concern, there is not any input... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by looihongkae, Jul 9, 2019.

1. KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

We have a system require to run an UWP application in KIOSK mode and require power button to shutdown

Due to security concern, there is not any input device (mouse, keyboard) allow connect to the system.

User only allow to perform all the process by touch panel

We already configure the option "Power Options > Choose what the power button does" to "Shut down"

In normal account, this setting is working correctly

However, in KIOSK mode account this is not working

the system policy also not allow KIOSK mode user can login to other user account.

Is there a way to enable power button shutdown for KIOSK mode?

:)

looihongkae, Jul 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 9, 2019
  4. David Win User

KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode and msg.exe

We implemented Kiosk mode on a couple PCs and are now unable to send the PC a message using msg.exe. The msg.exe works when the PC is not in Kiosk mode.

This is what we did to implement Kiosk Mode:

1. Configure Shell Launcher
      a. Turn on Shell Launcher
      b. Set Custom Shell application (Application called Symmetry)
    2. Other Settings
      a. Put Workstation in Tablet Mode
      b. Hide Ease of Access button
      c. Disable hardware power button on computer
      d. Remove power button from sign-in screen
      e. Disable removable media

I am pretty sure some of this was accomplished via powershell

We have a windows 2012 R2 sever that will send a message to a PC using the msg command using the following format:

MSG * /SERVER:ComputerName /TIME:10 "Message to be sent"

This message is sent correctly when the PC is not in Kiosk Mode, but when the PC is in Kiosk mode the message is never received.

I am worried that the PC cannot receive the message while in Kiosk mode.

Please help! We need this functionality. Thanks!

David, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

1. KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working - Similar Threads - KIOSK Mode using

2. The Shutdown button in Start not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Shutdown button in Start not working: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I have a trouble shutting down my computer. When I choose Shutdown, then the tittle "Shutting down" appear on the screen, and the screen becomes dark. But it not complete shutdown . The light on the keyboard, touchpad, ... still on. After 15~20s,...
  3. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working: the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't Shutdown even though i keep clicking on Shutdown. I have tried using the Cmd Commands powercfg.cpl and sfc /scannow But it...
  4. Unable to configure Kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to configure Kiosk mode: Hi, i am struggling to configure Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 which is the 1809 build we use for our users. I am able to configure a kiosk mode on some machine but on a specific tiny i am using which i have rebuilt as per all our machines are build from the network using SCCM...
  5. Change power button to 'Update and shutdown'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change power button to 'Update and shutdown': Hello, The situation right now is that when i press the power button my computer shuts down and thus ignores the pending updates. I would like to configure the power button to automatically update my computer and shutdown. I am using: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise...
  6. power button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button not working: when I click on the power display on the computer and click shutdown the computer says shutting down. then it says going to sleep and the button on the side goes yellow. But when I press the button in it just switches itself back on and turns blue. I have held the power...
  7. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...
  8. Start-up using power button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up using power button: Windows 10. I have an external monitor for my laptop. How can I start-up the laptop (external monitor only) with the power button while keeping the laptop screen closed?...
  9. power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power button isn't working: Hi there: I have a Windows 10 laptop. It can be also used as a tablet as well. For some reason when I want to turn the laptop on power button does not work. When I remove the screen from the main part and then re-try turning the power on again this time power button works. I...
  10. power button desktop not work

in Windows 10 Support
    power button desktop not work: hi When i press the powerbutton the pc won't shutdown. By engergy on configuration screen everry thing stay good 13072

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power button not working when in windows kiosk mode