Windows 10: KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

Discus and support KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a system require to run an UWP application in KIOSK mode and require power button to shutdown Due to security concern, there is not any input... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by looihongkae, Jul 9, 2019.

1. KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

We have a system require to run an UWP application in KIOSK mode and require power button to shutdown

Due to security concern, there is not any input device (mouse, keyboard) allow connect to the system.

User only allow to perform all the process by touch panel

We already configure the option "Power Options > Choose what the power button does" to "Shut down"

In normal account, this setting is working correctly

However, in KIOSK mode account this is not working

the system policy also not allow KIOSK mode user can login to other user account.

Is there a way to enable power button shutdown for KIOSK mode?

:)

looihongkae, Jul 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 9, 2019
  4. David Win User

KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode and msg.exe

We implemented Kiosk mode on a couple PCs and are now unable to send the PC a message using msg.exe. The msg.exe works when the PC is not in Kiosk mode.

This is what we did to implement Kiosk Mode:

1. Configure Shell Launcher
      a. Turn on Shell Launcher
      b. Set Custom Shell application (Application called Symmetry)
    2. Other Settings
      a. Put Workstation in Tablet Mode
      b. Hide Ease of Access button
      c. Disable hardware power button on computer
      d. Remove power button from sign-in screen
      e. Disable removable media

I am pretty sure some of this was accomplished via powershell

We have a windows 2012 R2 sever that will send a message to a PC using the msg command using the following format:

MSG * /SERVER:ComputerName /TIME:10 "Message to be sent"

This message is sent correctly when the PC is not in Kiosk Mode, but when the PC is in Kiosk mode the message is never received.

I am worried that the PC cannot receive the message while in Kiosk mode.

Please help! We need this functionality. Thanks!

David, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

1. KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working - Similar Threads - KIOSK Mode using

2. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  3. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  4. W11 Kiosk mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Kiosk mode not working: Hi you all,im trying to set up a full screen single app kiosk mode in w11 but without success.im using windows configuration designer included in microsoft adk.i disable all but creation of local user account and the win32 app i want to be launched not uwp, the package is...
  5. W11 Kiosk mode not working

W11 Kiosk mode not working: Hi you all,im trying to set up a full screen single app kiosk mode in w11 but without success.im using windows configuration designer included in microsoft adk.i disable all but creation of local user account and the win32 app i want to be launched not uwp, the package is...
  6. No button to "set up kiosk mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No button to "set up kiosk mode": Hi there,I'd like to set up a kiosk, but there's just no button showing. I can't click the "get started" text or anything. What am I missing? I'm on windows 11....
  7. No button to "set up kiosk mode"

No button to "set up kiosk mode": Hi there,I'd like to set up a kiosk, but there's just no button showing. I can't click the "get started" text or anything. What am I missing? I'm on windows 11....
  8. KIOSK MODE

in Windows 10 Customization
    KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  9. Kiosk mode and hardware in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk mode and hardware in Windows 10: Hello, Is Kiosk mode in Windows 10 designed for hardware kiosk? The main use is for hardware kiosk? For example: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode-and-hardware-in-windows-10/83174bef-9c7c-4340-9fb7-72f7e86c52a0
  10. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 kiosk mode shutdown

2. how shutdown komputer in kiosk mode

3. power button win 10 kiosk

4. windows 10 kiosk mode shutdown power button,
  5. display shutdown button in Kiosk mode,
  6. how to shut down the kiosk device,
  7. Disable the hardware power button kiosk,
  8. power button not working when in windows kiosk mode