Windows 10: Kiosk setup Help

Discus and support Kiosk setup Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to change the default kiosk app from Edge to IE. I am not trying to use the user account that i am logged in to be on kiosk mode rather I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/askhelp997, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Kiosk setup Help

I am trying to change the default kiosk app from Edge to IE. I am not trying to use the user account that i am logged in to be on kiosk mode rather I am trying to use the local account (through Users/Set up a kiosk). When I create a new local account for kiosk and give it a name and next page there is option to choose a kiosk app. I want to select IE for my kiosk app but all i get is default windows apps and for browser there is only edge.

How do i get other browser to be on my kiosk app selections. I looked online most of instructions are to set your logged in user account to kiosk mode but i couldn't get any instructions on changing the app for kiosk.

submitted by /u/askhelp997
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/askhelp997, Jul 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Shawn Brink, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Kiosk setup Help

Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can refer the suggestions from the article:
    Set up a single-app kiosk
    under the section Set up a kiosk in local settings>To set up assigned access in PC settings.

For further assistance, I would suggest you to post your query in
    Technet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows 10 Kiosk setup to assist you with your query.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Kiosk setup Help

1. Kiosk setup Help - Similar Threads - Kiosk setup Help

2. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  3. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  4. Cannot setup Kiosk account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot setup Kiosk account: Hello,so at work I have couple PC to setup as a Kiosk PC.Meaning that they will be used to play a game and only that. I used regedit to create new string and it launch the game as soon as you login to account. Now where i got stuck is two places:Need to make that none of the...
  5. Cannot setup Kiosk account

Cannot setup Kiosk account: Hello,so at work I have couple PC to setup as a Kiosk PC.Meaning that they will be used to play a game and only that. I used regedit to create new string and it launch the game as soon as you login to account. Now where i got stuck is two places:Need to make that none of the...
  6. Kiosk setup with unique URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk setup with unique URL: Hi all,I have a requirement to setup 100 kiosk devices and we need to manage application's URL remotely. All the kiosk URLs are unique i.e we should be able to manage 100 URLs remotely and it must be targeted to respective device. We can use Intune to create kiosk...
  7. Kiosk setup with unique URL

Kiosk setup with unique URL: Hi all,I have a requirement to setup 100 kiosk devices and we need to manage application's URL remotely. All the kiosk URLs are unique i.e we should be able to manage 100 URLs remotely and it must be targeted to respective device. We can use Intune to create kiosk...
  8. Kiosk setup with unique URL

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Kiosk mode setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk mode setup: So, the title doesn't describe the complete situation. Here's the breakdown of what I want to do, what I have tried and what haven't worked. [WANT]: I am trying to have a single app kiosk mode on windows. Have a touchscreen monitor, and want to run a website for sign-in's....
  10. Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer: How do I set up a kiosk account in windows 10 to open in a specific link in internet explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kiosk-setup-for-internet-explorer/fc59876d-62e9-45ef-805f-ba6eec9742e9