Windows 10: [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar

Discus and support [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community,I've been trying to setup a machine Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 for a local user with a multi-app kiosk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dylan Alvaro, Dec 4, 2023.

1. [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar

Dear Microsoft community,I've been trying to setup a machine Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 for a local user with a multi-app kiosk profile. The requirement is simple: Upon login, the user shall only have access to cmd.exe no desktop, no taskbar, no notification, no explorer.exe.In addition to some GroupPolicy applied to the specific "TestKiosk1" user, I'm using the following Powershell code, including the Kiosk XML configuration. cmd.exe does appear correctly and most of the actions are blocked but it seems that the ShowTaskBar has no effect whether it is true or false

:)

Dylan Alvaro, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

[KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar

1. [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar - Similar Threads - KioskMode Kiosk XML

2. [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar: Dear Microsoft community,I've been trying to setup a machine Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 for a local user with a multi-app kiosk profile. The requirement is simple: Upon login, the user shall only have access to cmd.exe no desktop, no taskbar, no...
  3. After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...: Good morning, I created a basic kiosk profile for Windows 11 PRO, with Windows Configuration Designer, on a PC that already has an administrator account.After starting the created script, both the kiosk user and the PC administrator user no longer see the start menu and...
  4. After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...: Good morning, I created a basic kiosk profile for Windows 11 PRO, with Windows Configuration Designer, on a PC that already has an administrator account.After starting the created script, both the kiosk user and the PC administrator user no longer see the start menu and...
  5. Issues caused by TaskBar configuration via xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues caused by TaskBar configuration via xml: Hi All, We planned to pin an application shortcut A to all of our computers' taskbars. We deployed the xml below using the Intune configuration profile. As per Microsoft documentation, this XML shouldn't delete any user-pinned apps. After the deployment, a lot of users...
  6. Windows 11 "Kiosk"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Kiosk": How do you make Windows Edge not remember profiles IDs and passwords? You can remove profiles, but it will ask if you want to use it later and automatically sign you in without having to enter your password. Not exactly a good removal.Multiple users will use this machine, and...
  7. RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer: Hello Everyone,I was trying to setup a Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer. And I created a provisioning package file and applied for testing it did not worked as I was assuming. But now I am not able to remove that package and I cannot revert any changes....
  8. Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk

Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk: I create a provisioning package using the Kiosk icon in WCD. The following parameters are what I specified Set up device - disabled, the computer is already named Set up Network - disabled, wired network not wifi Account Management - disabled Add applications - none...
  9. Unable to configure Kiosk mode

Unable to configure Kiosk mode: Hi, i am struggling to configure Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 which is the 1809 build we use for our users. I am able to configure a kiosk mode on some machine but on a specific tiny i am using which i have rebuilt as per all our machines are build from the network using SCCM...
  10. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser: The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-configuration-designer-kiosk-browser/a4db6b73-57e8-4bad-a4b7-f5edb03f31d8