Windows 10: "KIR", Known Issue Rollback: Helping you keep Windows devices protected and productive

Discus and support "KIR", Known Issue Rollback: Helping you keep Windows devices protected and productive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On Mar 2 MS semi-publicly announced the "KIR", Known Issue Rollback, feature for Windows business users:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rohn007, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Rohn007 Win User

"KIR", Known Issue Rollback: Helping you keep Windows devices protected and productive

On Mar 2 MS semi-publicly announced the "KIR", Known Issue Rollback, feature for Windows business users:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...-windows-devices-protected/bc-p/2217979#M2522

It is a way for business administrators to trigger a "bypass" of defective code in recent Windows updates not Office updates, yet?. It is not a full "rollback" of the update, just a programmatic way of telling Windows to not use the new code. It definitely is easier for your users than having to uninstall specific Windows Updates.

Too bad it is limited to Windows in a business environment ... Hopefully this useful feature will spread to Widows Home users who can use all the help they can get and to all Office bundles.

:)

Rohn007, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Mystere Win User

Windows Rollback - it works!

That "rollback" boot item isn't really intended to be used after the initial installation. It's one of the bugs listed in the "Known Issues" that this menu item is left in by mistake.

Mystere, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Erik J [MSFT], Mar 17, 2021
  4. "KIR", Known Issue Rollback: Helping you keep Windows devices protected and productive

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

"KIR", Known Issue Rollback: Helping you keep Windows devices protected and productive

1. "KIR", Known Issue Rollback: Helping you keep Windows devices protected and productive - Similar Threads - KIR Known Issue

2. sound device issue can you please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound device issue can you please help: Hi, all my audio devices stopped working, there is an x in the sound icon in the tray,and a message saying no sound devices installed. I checked in the device manager and theyre all there, but not seem to be running. I ran a audio trouble shooter and it said it needed to...
  3. How to apply Known Issue Rollback KIR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to apply Known Issue Rollback KIR?: Hi,I have a specific example. I am lost with KIRs.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-20h2#2778msgdescSays for enterprise computers need to apply KIR. Are enterprise computers considered those that are connected to a windows domain? Are...
  4. How to apply Known Issue Rollback KIR?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to apply Known Issue Rollback KIR?: Hi,I have a specific example. I am lost with KIRs.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-20h2#2778msgdescSays for enterprise computers need to apply KIR. Are enterprise computers considered those that are connected to a windows domain? Are...
  5. How to apply Known Issue Rollback KIR?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Known Issue Rollback - for info - new fast fix approach by MS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Known Issue Rollback - for info - new fast fix approach by MS: Hi, this new approach to fixing problems caused to some by updates delivered by MS is referred to in this News item KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928 which links to this (which includes a video by MS)...
  7. KIR 1837593227

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KIR 1837593227: Hi, I just want to ask that I have the KIR mentioned above in my laptop but for me it is not under FeatureManagement/overrides/4 in registry editor..it is under FeatureManagement/UsageSubscriptions..What does it mean?..Is it same for everyone whose kir is not installed under...
  8. Known Issue Rollback is Microsoft's latest weapon against Windows update bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Known Issue Rollback is Microsoft's latest weapon against Windows update bugs: Known Issue Rollback is a fairly new capability of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system that is designed as a tool to react to emerging bugs quickly that are introduced by updates. There is always a chance that issues are introduced when regular updates or feature updates...
  9. Known Issue Rollback (KIR) feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Known Issue Rollback (KIR) feature in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Known Issue Rollback (KIR), which is intended to keep your Windows 10 devices protected and productive. In this post, we look at how the KIR feature works in Windows 10 and how it applies to end-users (consumers) as well as in the...
  10. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a known issue?: Hello, In another thread I indicated that my computer shows that the KB4056892 update failed. I was informed how to find out if it did indeed install, which it has. My question is will the error in View installed History will ever be correct, or are there any concerns other...