Windows 10: Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys

Discus and support Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please check your manufacturer for BIOS updates, the current is v2.07 but there should be an update available. Are you using Bitlocker? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron99, Aug 10, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys

Please check your manufacturer for BIOS updates, the current is v2.07 but there should be an update available.

Are you using Bitlocker?

2. Ron99 Win User

Yes I use Bitlocker. Remember the error always occurs when unlocking my HDD 2d data partition.

Available files for my laptop a t Acers':

Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys [​IMG]

My laptop was originally W8.0, so I think I can try Bios upgrade?

Ron99, Oct 17, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Update the drivers and BIOS if possible yes.

I am starting to think that this is a problem with Bitlocker self.

4. Ron99 Win User

Still going on. Now one time a day at least.
    I have cleaned up logs and events, the day before, so I hope the dums are smaller and easier to read.

Ron99, Oct 26, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    It looks for me like Bitlocker is malfuctioning, I don't know why, but the activity is pretty much the same as previous crashes.

I'll ask the team if someone can find something else.

6. axe0 New Member
    Is this file present on your system?
    Code: C:\Program Files\intel driver update utility\sur\sur\x64\esrv\semav6msr64.sys[/quote]

7. Ron99 Win User
    Is SeaTools ran on the hard drive that uses Bitlocker?[/quote]
    semav*.sys IS present in system32
    I uninstalled the Intel Utility around a week ago, as well as various unnecessary programs.

Seatools has been done on the hdd, and OK. But only basic test, as it is WD and not Sea.

Yes please see if any of your colleagues has some clue on this.

Thanks!!

Ron99, Oct 26, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Have you made multiple backups of your data?
    If not, please try to do so immediately for the safety of your data.

Warning Some of the following suggestions may lead to data loss with Bitlocker.
    Recommended to use software that can create images of your entire hard drive.

Please remove Wise Registry Cleaner, this program is the kind of software you never need as it may give problems when not carefully watching what it edits in the registry.

Thanks to the help of @essenbe there might be a few things we could try.
    There are a few usual causes we have ruled out, but there are some left like
    • compatibility issues,
    • software conflicting,
    • memory problems.

FYI, the basic tests should be enough, if you have done the short generic, long generic and possible too the SMART check tests.

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

9. Ron99 Win User
    Recommended to use software that can create images of your entire hard drive.

Please remove Wise Registry Cleaner, this program is the kind of software you never need as it may give problems when not carefully watching what it edits in the registry.

Thanks to the help of @essenbe there might be a few things we could try.
    There are a few usual causes we have ruled out, but there are some left like
    • compatibility issues,
    • software conflicting,
    • memory problems.

FYI, the basic tests should be enough, if you have done the short generic, long generic and possible too the SMART check tests.

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure. ok; so

1) I now have 2 complete clone HDD of my system. I use Casper Secure Drive which is specially made for bitlocker users. I am very satisfied with it!

2) Uninstalled all "wise" utilities.

3) Downloaded the MemTest86+ útil and the manual.

4) As for the Diagnostics, I can do as suggested, but the problema is that the error is random. So It could come up, or not, when testing with the clean bootup, but I can never be sure if it is because of that or just luck.
    However, I wil try at some momento that I can stop my normal work and make some hours of trying to replicate the error leading to bsod.

5) So will start with the MemTest in the 1st place.

Ron99, Oct 26, 2015
  10. Ron99 Win User
    [/quote] About this driver: Should I erase it?

Ron99, Oct 26, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please don't, it could well be from another program.
    Please do the following:
    right click the driver > properties > tab details > make a screenshot of the details and post it.

12. Ron99 Win User

Ron99, Oct 26, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

14. Ron99 Win User
    All clean.

I wanted to test the memory last night, but my system does not start from the usb key?
    I have changed the bios startup sequence correctly, I think, putting the usb HD as 1st, but it still boots always from the normal HDD?
    Should there be something else to change?

Thanks

Ron99, Oct 27, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure fast boot and secure boot in the BIOS is disabled.

Thema:

1. Kmode exception not handled. fvevol.sys - Similar Threads - Kmode exception handled

2. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I receive this error just randomly when I'm using my laptop. I tried resetting my laptop but the error just comes up on the process of resetting so my laptop quits the resetting process. My laptop is Acer A515-56G....
  3. kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kmode exception not handled: I have been getting random errors that have been causing BSOD on my computer. There has been IRQL not less or equal, stop mode exception, and kmode exception not handled. I have no idea what is causing these issues. Always happens while playing games as well and graphics...
  4. Kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode exception not handled: I have been getting this error called Kmode exception not handled this always results in a blue screen of death. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening I have updated all drivers and I’m currently testing ram to see if that is bad....
  5. Kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kmode exception not handled: I have been getting this error called Kmode exception not handled this always results in a blue screen of death. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening I have updated all drivers and I’m currently testing ram to see if that is bad....
  6. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: My computer receives a BSOD and error with this every 10-15 minutes or so and I am trying to diagnose the root cause. I have the Memory.DMP if it would be helpful....
  7. KMODE/SYSTEM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED- igdk64md64.sys

KMODE/SYSTEM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED- igdk64md64.sys: I've been having BSOD problems for a little while and the cause is always igdkmd64.sys My laptop is an Acer Predator 17 inch running Windows 10x64 I attached the W7F zipped folder. Thank you for your help.
  8. KMODE exception not handle

KMODE exception not handle: When in game i get KMODE exception not handle at random times sometimes straight off sometimes a few hours. And when it happens my computer cant boot up properly it start shut downing and reboting while screen stays black. Problem started happening when lose of power...
  9. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: IntelR CoreTM i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz 4.50 GHz ASROCK P67 PRO3 Fresh install, checked on 2 harddrives. Second Windows install. Still got KMODE error. Any ideas how to fix this? WhoCrashed analyze: On Wed 25.11.2020 20:28:33 your computer crashed or a problem was...
  10. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi, I got the KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Blue Screen but no more information than that. Most articled i have read say there should be more information on the blue screen but there is not. I had not turned on this computer for about three weeks since I was not in that...