Windows 10: KMODE_EXCEPTION and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support KMODE_EXCEPTION and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I have a pretty new system (few weeks old) and in the beginning I had no problems with it. Yesterday and today I got a BSOD and both seemed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frucht, Feb 7, 2016.

1. frucht Win User

KMODE_EXCEPTION and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hey,

I have a pretty new system (few weeks old) and in the beginning I had no problems with it. Yesterday and today I got a BSOD and both seemed to happen when I was in dual monitor mode with my Philips TV (HDMI). I had no problems at all when I was gaming or doing something on only 1 monitor (could be a coincidence).

First BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION : caused by: dxgmms2.sys
    Second BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED : crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+142770

I attached both dumpfiles in a .zip to this post.

Regards,

:)

frucht, Feb 7, 2016
  2. Neprut Win User

Windows BSOD issues - Have DMP files

The driver verifier is not the issue here.... The whole point of that command is to BSOD your system and to see which drivers are acting up, that is the reason I posted the .dmp file for that BSOD. Of course I would have disabled that after successfully
    getting the system to crash...

My BIOS is the latest version (American Megatrends Inc. 1.I0, 25-Apr-17), that is the reason the .nfo file is included with the dumps so people are able to see that.

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is indeed the main BSOD caused by main things over the past few weeks, which is what I am trying to fix.

29JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

26JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

24JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

23JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

22JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

18JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

ect, ect...

If older .dmp files are necessary I can always provide.

Thanks.

Neprut, Feb 7, 2016
  3. window

I install window 10 and maxilla firefox and I get kmode_exception not-handle (igdkmd32.sys .don't know what I did wrong what can I do ?it happens while I playing Farmville help anyone please thank you

NancyRiveraVQ, Feb 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Run the tool again, all files but dumps are missing.

axe0, Feb 9, 2016
  5. frucht Win User
    Im sorry! I edited my initial post.

frucht, Feb 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    KMODE_EXCEPTION and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Try the hotfix of AMD
    Hotfix.
    Code: ffffd000`24300298 fffff800`dc8b0007Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0xc30007 3: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`dbc80000 fffff800`dd3dc000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Wed Feb 03 16:42:18 2016 (56B21FDA) CheckSum: 016E5ADB ImageSize: 0175C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please check Realtek for driver updates for the Realtek network drivers.
    Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys
    Code: ffffd001`b6e9a700 fffff800`eca451f8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x51f8 2: kd> lmvm rt640x64 start end module name fffff800`eca40000 fffff800`ecb19000 rt640x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Tue May 05 18:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF) CheckSum: 000E9B0E ImageSize: 000D9000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Feb 9, 2016
  7. frucht Win User
    sfc/scannow found the first time I run it some "corrupted" files but it could instantly fix them. The second time there were no issues.
    After I did a clean new windows install I instantly installed mentioned hotfix (16.1.1 crimson).

I can't check for updates on my realtek driver (is the site just down for me?)
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Thanks for your help!

frucht, Feb 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

It looks like the site is down yes, even the homepage isn't available.

Regarding the AMD drivers, please try to uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 63513

axe0, Feb 9, 2016
  9. frucht Win User
    Ok I will try that. I wont be able to change the settings of my TV to FULL RGB with just display drivers right? Screen colors will get weird after a few minutes without that setting.

frucht, Feb 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    It is not possible to prevent software installation, so it might still be possible.

11. frucht Win User
    I uninstalled everything of AMD using the tool you recommended and installed the latest Driver (only display driver, 16.1.1. crimson download). It does not appear that any software was installed? At least I cant find anything where I could change the aforementioned setting.

frucht, Feb 9, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    What part of the software is it you need to get the options?

13. frucht Win User

In the "crimson software" I could set the color scheme of all my connected Displays.

I guess its the "AMD Settings" part in the advanced settings of the installer.

EDIT: nevermind, I now got the classic Catalyst Control Center, only accessable via rightclick. Its all there!

frucht, Feb 9, 2016
  14. frucht Win User
    Of course, I will update the realtek driver when its possible and post here if any other BSOD occurs. Thanks for your help!

frucht, Feb 9, 2016
  15. frucht Win User
    Alright, another BSOD just appeared *Sad. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe (this file appeared in a lot of earlier BSODs if thats any help). I edit the updated .zip in my initial post.

frucht, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXCEPTION SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2. I sometimes get a bsod when launching apps "system_service_exception" win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I sometimes get a bsod when launching apps "system_service_exception" win32kbase.sys: From time to time I launch my PC and go to launch apple music or my soundboard app, and I get a bsod with the above info. I usually restart my pc and go about my day, but its getting really annoying. I could probably just delete apple music, but I like having it, and I don't...
  3. BSoD KMODE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD KMODE_EXCEPTION: So this is sort of a follow up to this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-bluescreens-a-day-various-error-codes/a8d3b007-6f5e-4b86-bd80-c4a5a395f687So I have not had bluescreens much ever since this post but they have appeared more often the...
  4. Update causes KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causes KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD: Ran an update last night and encountered the above mentioned issue. Attempts to boot into safe mode cause the same issue. Attempts to roll back are met with a notice that my password is incorrect despite having verified its correct on other devices.My laptop Dell G7 7588 is...
  5. PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

PC crashing with BSOD abruptly with KMODE_EXCEPTION and WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: The PC continues to run normally after boot but randomly freezes and then crashes with BSOD stating either KMODE_EXCEPTION or WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I also have Citrix Adapter running on the system, and once when trying to uninstall and reinstall the adapter the system crashed...
  6. KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error / Frequent Crashes

KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error / Frequent Crashes: Hi everyone, This computer has been running smoothly for 5-7 years. Recently it started repeatedly crashing to a BSOD with KMODE_EXCEPTION _NOT_HANDLED error within 5 minutes. No specific stop code after KMODE error. Things I've done: uninstalled windows updates, then...
  7. Kmode_exception not handled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kmode_exception not handled: Is it me or did anyone get the kmode exception not handled error after installing the last update because I had two computers that got this recently after having them for 6 months submitted by /u/donlemon03 [link] [comments]...
  8. Recent BSOD with Kmode_exception

Recent BSOD with Kmode_exception: I have been having a few BSOD instances with Kmod_exception... I first tried updating my GPU drivers and it appeared that the problem went away, however I ended up having the exact same crash report 2 more times while in the middle of playing/launching a game. I did my best...
  9. Sporadically getting blue screened (KMODE_EXCEPTION, IQRL_EXCEPTION, and...

Sporadically getting blue screened (KMODE_EXCEPTION, IQRL_EXCEPTION, and...: My hp omen laptop keeps randomly blue screening and not giving me any info on whatever is causing it (there is no filename attatched to the bluescreen error, ever) I keep my drivers updated using the "driver booster" program (starting to think that doesnt do anything) and...
  10. Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION

Lag and repeated BSODs, most often while gaming, KMODE_EXCEPTION: Hey guys, Over the last few days I have been getting rather weird problems that I have never seen before. At times, everything starts to lag, meaning my mouse gets jumpy and scrolling isn't fluid anymore. Weird is that as soon as I start a YouTube Video these lags, as far...