Windows 10: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every now and then

Discus and support KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every now and then in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD on my windows 10 desktop PC every now and then from last 1 months. At first I thought it might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by akjonRooSho, Sep 26, 2020.

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every now and then

Hello,

I'm getting the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD on my windows 10 desktop PC every now and then from last 1 months. At first I thought it might have caused due to RAM. I removed 3 out of 4 RAMs from my PC, No improvement. Removed the 2 extended displays, Condition remained same. At last bought new Windows 10 license, and replaced the m.2 NVMe SSD with a new one and installed fresh Windows on it. The problem remained the same. I thought I would start with the minimum Hardware and peripherals and add one by one to find out what exactly is causing the problem. But no luck with that.

The latest DMP report from Bluescreenview tells me this:

==================================================
    Dump File : 092720-4750-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 9/27/2020 12:05:23 AM
    Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
    Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : fffff803`7e0518fa
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : ffffffff`ffffffff
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f3ea0
    File Description :
    Product Name :
    Company :
    File Version :
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f3ea0
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\092720-4750-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 6
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 19041
    Dump File Size : 1,381,660
    Dump File Time : 9/27/2020 12:05:48 AM
    ==================================================

My Desktop Configuration is

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M-DS3H

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F15, 6/5/2019

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz

BIOS Mode: UEFI
    Physical Memory RAM: 8.00 GB For Now

Disk Drive: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Nothing else except Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse is attached to it for now.

:)

akjonRooSho, Sep 26, 2020

2. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 26, 2020
  3. BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Nathan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with frequent BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM,
    and video card problem.

We suggest you to follow the steps from the links below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 26, 2020
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every now and then

Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled)

Dealing with near daily BSODs when running intensive software or games. It usually doesn't crash until its under decent load (newer games, rendering, etc.) I have not overclocked my GPU or my CPU. The BSODs I most often get are system_service_exception,
    kmode_exception_not_handled, and kernel_security_check_failure.

Another post insisted I ran "Driver verifier." I was able to get the DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION bsod almost instantly (twice), but neither time did it list the bad driver.

I've provided a link with the downloaded to the dmps, along with msinfo32 and my specs.

ws_4319.zip

mackenzie., Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every now and then

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every now and then - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD Every

2. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  3. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ive had this BSOD around 6 times in the past 3 days, heres the minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArnFtpjfZMHco2iG_4YOhcEX6Kyw please help me, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmodeexceptionnothandled/c6ba6fb5-0820-47db-9535-c7f20f641f64
  4. BSOD Kmode_Exception_Not_handled

BSOD Kmode_Exception_Not_handled: It keeps happening over and over. I can't even post here to get help before it happens again. What do I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmodeexceptionnothandled/e162b851-79bd-435e-be3d-0c7a54168a2b
  5. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, my pc crashed today with the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED It is not the first time it happened, I had one 12 days ago and I thought my pc was ok after:...
  8. Every day BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Every day BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Every day about 1-5 times I get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have tried: DriverVerifier Updating BIOS DDU - Clean uninstall of display drivers 2 times Minidump / System info Link HERE...
  9. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD once or twice every other day

Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD once or twice every other day: Hello, after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8 I have been getting some weird BSOD crashes now and again, sometimes it´s days or weeks in between them and sometimes there are several on the same day. The error message simply says "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" without...
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...