Windows 10: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on fresh install. Safe mode works fine.

Discus and support KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on fresh install. Safe mode works fine. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)Beast-Safemode(2020-09-16_19-38-20).zip Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED This is a fresh install of windows. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JConn, Sep 17, 2020.

1. JConn Win User

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on fresh install. Safe mode works fine.

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)Beast-Safemode(2020-09-16_19-38-20).zip
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    This is a fresh install of windows. The only thing that has been installed is the video card driver & software.

Note: I can only run windows in normal mode for a couple minutes before I get BSOD. The included log .zip file is while I am in safe mode. I DO NOT GET BSOD IN SAFE MODE.

Things I have already tried:
    • Uninstalling then updating my video card drivers.
    • Clean boot.
    • Removing any unnecessary hardware e.g. web cam, card reader
    I still hit the same error every time. Sometimes the BSOD comes in a few seconds, other times I can use my PC for up to 10 minutes before getting it. Usually it is sometime in 3-5 minutes after logging into Windows.
    Originally I was getting this BSOD error and in my troubleshooting I made things worse to the point my drive would not launch windows and all repair attempts failed. So I gave up and used my other hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows. I am getting the same error that I was before, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I have done various troubleshooting steps but am willing to start from scratch to narrow down if this is hardware and if so what piece of hardware.

For context here is some of the programs I have tried and the summarized outcome:
    • Driver Verifier - No issues
    • sfc - corrupt files detected that were unrepairable (CBS LogCBS Log.txt)
    • dism - no corruption detected

:)

JConn, Sep 17, 2020

2. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2020
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on fresh install. Safe mode works fine.

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on fresh install. Safe mode works fine.

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on fresh install. Safe mode works fine. - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED fresh install

2. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  3. Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...: Hello, since about a month ago, I am unable to install any program that uses the Windows installer msiserver during the installation in normal mode.In the service overview services.msc the service is shown as stopped and the start mode is manual.Any attempt to start the...
  4. Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer service NOT startable in normal mode, runs fine in safe mode with...: Hello, since about a month ago, I am unable to install any program that uses the Windows installer msiserver during the installation in normal mode.In the service overview services.msc the service is shown as stopped and the start mode is manual.Any attempt to start the...
  5. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.: Problem:I have an HP 15-eq laptop. It suddenly crashed while I was working and now when I try to boot, it reaches the login screen but if move the cursor, the screen freezes and turns black and the laptop stops responding.Steps taken so far:Startup repair from winRE. It said...
  6. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.: Problem:I have an HP 15-eq laptop. It suddenly crashed while I was working and now when I try to boot, it reaches the login screen but if move the cursor, the screen freezes and turns black and the laptop stops responding.Steps taken so far:Startup repair from winRE. It said...
  7. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows lags a lot in regular mode but works fine in Safe mode

Windows lags a lot in regular mode but works fine in Safe mode: I Installed a new HDD on my pc some days back and Installed windows 10. After updating the windows, It ran fine for 2-3 days, then it started to lag. Symptoms: Takes more than 30 seconds to open the Start MenuAnimations are laggyBoot is very slow, takes more than 5 minutes to...
  9. Kmode_exception_not_handled, unable to boot in safe mode, unable to open windows.

Kmode_exception_not_handled, unable to boot in safe mode, unable to open windows.: My PC can’t open windows without blue screening with the error code above, and i’ve tried lots of the suggested things. Safe mode doesn’t work, and repairing startup options does nothing. Any help?...
  10. Windows 10 - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Can't even get to Safe Mode

Windows 10 - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Can't even get to Safe Mode: Running Windows 10, no previous issues at all. Got BSOD with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED showing on the screen. No other error messages. After several attempts, I was able to get into the Windows Recovery Environment. First, I tried Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup...