Windows 10: KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED - When I press the power button the HP logo appears

Discus and support KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED - When I press the power button the HP logo appears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since 16th May my PC does not boot up as it should. When I press the power button the HP logo appears but after a while I get immediately the Blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BavoHP, May 16, 2020.

1. BavoHP Win User

KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED - When I press the power button the HP logo appears

Since 16th May my PC does not boot up as it should.

When I press the power button the HP logo appears but after a while I get immediately the Blue Screen with the stop code KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED. It reboots a few times before entering the Troubleshoot menu.

I tried every tip out there and nothing seems to work. The loop keeps on repeating the same sequence over and over.

I tried to contact HP but they don't seem to know what might cause the crash.

I did a BIOS update, all kinds of diagnostic tests and a safe mode reboot, again nothing. I don't even get to the login screen.

I did not instal any new software but there was a Windows software updates a few days ago since then I was able to use my PC but just out of nowhere it stopped working.

HELP! I'm stuck.

:)

BavoHP, May 16, 2020
  2. TheeOGeex Win User

Desktop Only Loads Windows when Using Power Button

So i have an odd issue. I'm using an HP Pavilion (P6510Y) with Windows 7. It is freezing at the HP logo screen and not loading Windows.

• If I press and hold the power button on the tower, the computer shuts off. If i press the power button to turn it back on, the computer correctly starts Windows.
    • If i have Windows open and go to the Start menu to select Restart, the computer freezes at the HP logo screen when trying to come back on.
    • If i have Windows open and go to the Start menu to select Shut Down, the computer freezes at the HP logo screen when I press the Power button to turn it back on.

At first the computer was doing it no matter what and then i changed the boot order to load from the HDD instead of the cd disk drive. I ran the diagnostic and all of the internal components passed. I tried to do a system restore and it failed.

I think my last option is to try a Factory Reset but before i do that i wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions?

TheeOGeex, May 23, 2020
  3. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2020
  4. KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED - When I press the power button the HP logo appears

stuck at HP logo at startup win 10

hi

so ever since i upgraded to win 10 i am having this problem. what happens is at startup the whole boot-up process gets stuck at HP logo and the loading circle never appears below that logo so i have to force close the laptop by long pressing the power button
    and when i start it again it works fine...the HP logo appears and below it quickly the loading circle starts moving and laptop is turned on.

MohitSaxena, May 23, 2020
Thema:

KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED - When I press the power button the HP logo appears

1. KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED - When I press the power button the HP logo appears - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXTENTION_NOT_HANDLED press power

2. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  3. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  4. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  6. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  7. ACER LOGO SHOWS LATE ON PRESSING POWER BUTTON AND THEN BOOTS NORMALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER LOGO SHOWS LATE ON PRESSING POWER BUTTON AND THEN BOOTS NORMALLY: HI, WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON DISPLAY BACKLIGHT BLINKS THEN TURN OFF THEN AGAIN BLINKS AND THEN ACER LOGO COMES UP. IT TAKES AROUND 12 SECONDS FOR THE ACER LOGO TO COME UP, AFTER THAT I GET THE WINDOWS SCREEN AND AFTER THE ACER LOGO EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. THIS IS NOT EVEN...
  8. ACER LOGO SHOWS LATE ON PRESSING POWER BUTTON AND THEN BOOTS NORMALLY

ACER LOGO SHOWS LATE ON PRESSING POWER BUTTON AND THEN BOOTS NORMALLY: HI, WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON DISPLAY BACKLIGHT BLINKS THEN TURN OFF THEN AGAIN BLINKS AND THEN ACER LOGO COMES UP. IT TAKES AROUND 12 SECONDS FOR THE ACER LOGO TO COME UP, AFTER THAT I GET THE WINDOWS SCREEN AND AFTER THE ACER LOGO EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. THIS IS NOT EVEN...
  9. "When I press the power button" is now missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "When I press the power button" is now missing: Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep button" see image below . As a result, the power button just starts the computer but has no other use, and I have no sleep...
  10. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...