Windows 10: KMS Activation threshold

Discus and support KMS Activation threshold in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lmcmncr, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Lmcmncr Win User

KMS Activation threshold

I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of web searching (Bing, obviously) but still have a few questions that I was not able to find answers to that I was hoping someone could help with.

1. I know KMS has the 25 PC threshold before it will activate any, but what happens on the 26th activation request? Will the KMS server activate the 26th PC or does the threshold count start over and it will wait for 24 more activation requests?
    2. After a re-image, I read that we can use the same MAK to activate Windows 10 using VAMT if we saved the .cilx file as long as there haven’t been any major hardware changes. Is this possible for Office 2016 as well? I haven’t been able to find any documentation on it.
    Thank you!

:)

Lmcmncr, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Windows 10 activation error code: 0xC004F034

What type of activation is it using, KMS or MAK?

If its KMS - you need to be connected to the domain that handles activation requests or VPN into it.

If its MAK - the license might have exhausted depending on the threshold. In this case, you will need contact the Volume Activation Center to replenish the license threshold.

Try the appropriate phone number listed here: Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx

Andre Da Costa, Dec 17, 2019
  4. KMS Activation threshold

KMS Activation

I'm trying to find out some information about KMS activation. As a starting point I have used the following document:

Understanding KMS

What I need to know where can I download the actual KMS software that is install build a KMS infrastructure?

As is the communication between a KMS Host and KMS mangaed device bi-directional?

Many thanks in advance of any informatiom

Matthew Gemmell

MatthewGemmell, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

KMS Activation threshold

1. KMS Activation threshold - Similar Threads - KMS Activation threshold

2. Windows 10 activated by KMS server and resold to public....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activated by KMS server and resold to public....: Pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I'd like to verify it before I make an accusation to a refurb reseller. Wife bought a nice Dell E6430 laptop, it came with Win 10 installed, but also had KMSPico installed. As I understand it, KMS/MAK activation is intended...
  3. KMS Auto

KMS Auto: I have some problem i used this KMS Auto to have my MS office be activated but the thing is that it also changed my Windows 10 Pro activated permanently to Windows 10 Education with 180 Days. Can i still get back my Windows 10 pro? Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 IOT KMS Activation

Windows 10 IOT KMS Activation: Hi All, I am doing some checking before diving into a project that may be using Windows 10 IOT Enterprise. Can we use our KMS Server to activate licenses for this product, or are we limited to the VAMT? Thanks!...
  5. Is using a KMS legal?

Is using a KMS legal?: There are many KMSs out on the internet that offer you free Windows 10 (any version) activation, but my question is, are they legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-using-a-kms-legal/4dc84881-0813-4f84-9e25-6fbba1df9028"
  6. Cannot active windows with KMS in Hyper V

Cannot active windows with KMS in Hyper V: I hope someone can assist me with this, for some reason I cannot activate Windows 10 enterprise with a KMS key in Hyper V that im using to build an image. 126914
  7. Microsoft explains the Windows 7 KMS activation issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains the Windows 7 KMS activation issue: Some Microsoft customers started to report activation issues that they experienced on Windows 7 devices on January 8, 2019, after installation of the latest security updates for the operating system. Microsoft updated the list of known issues quickly to highlight the issue...
  8. Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server: [ATTACH] KMS or Key Management Services is usually a Windows Server computer configured to be a KMS host computer by installing the Volume Activation Services role. When an Enterprise uses KMS keys to activate computers, it will need the KMS Host to [...] This post...
  9. KMS conection broke

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KMS conection broke: Hello in my task manager i found a processe named kms conection broker or SppExtComObj it is located in system32 a friend of mine told me that this is a virus is this true...
  10. MANY ERRORS ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10. No KMS contacted

MANY ERRORS ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10. No KMS contacted: Hi, Last night I installed windows 10 home premium. This morning when I went on my PC, windows hadn't been activated!! I have tried activating manually and by entering my key but none of it has been any use. I have tried the various "slmgr" commands in cmd they were no use...