Windows 10: KMS Activation threshold

Discus and support KMS Activation threshold in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lmcmncr, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Lmcmncr Win User

KMS Activation threshold

I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of web searching (Bing, obviously) but still have a few questions that I was not able to find answers to that I was hoping someone could help with.

1. I know KMS has the 25 PC threshold before it will activate any, but what happens on the 26th activation request? Will the KMS server activate the 26th PC or does the threshold count start over and it will wait for 24 more activation requests?
    2. After a re-image, I read that we can use the same MAK to activate Windows 10 using VAMT if we saved the .cilx file as long as there haven’t been any major hardware changes. Is this possible for Office 2016 as well? I haven’t been able to find any documentation on it.
    Thank you!

:)

Lmcmncr, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Windows 10 activation error code: 0xC004F034

What type of activation is it using, KMS or MAK?

If its KMS - you need to be connected to the domain that handles activation requests or VPN into it.

If its MAK - the license might have exhausted depending on the threshold. In this case, you will need contact the Volume Activation Center to replenish the license threshold.

Try the appropriate phone number listed here: Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx

Andre Da Costa, Dec 17, 2019
  4. KMS Activation threshold

KMS Activation

I'm trying to find out some information about KMS activation. As a starting point I have used the following document:

Understanding KMS

What I need to know where can I download the actual KMS software that is install build a KMS infrastructure?

As is the communication between a KMS Host and KMS mangaed device bi-directional?

Many thanks in advance of any informatiom

Matthew Gemmell

MatthewGemmell, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

KMS Activation threshold

1. KMS Activation threshold - Similar Threads - KMS Activation threshold

2. Activating KMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating KMS: Hello,I have set up KMS on my Windows 2019 Server. I opened the Volume Activation tools, and selected Active Directory-Based Activation as I want the Windows 10/11 key for all workstations. I then put in the KMS key that I have and it activated.But it still does not seem to...
  3. Activating KMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating KMS: Hello,I have set up KMS on my Windows 2019 Server. I opened the Volume Activation tools, and selected Active Directory-Based Activation as I want the Windows 10/11 key for all workstations. I then put in the KMS key that I have and it activated.But it still does not seem to...
  4. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about kms activation: Hello,I had Windows 10 unactivated for a long time and a few days ago I decided to find a way to activate it. I found this video that told me to use this code in cmd prompt:slmgr.vbs /ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-*****slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.ccslmgr.vbs /atoSo I used it and...
  5. Remove KMS Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove KMS Activation: Sorry if my english is badRecently, out of curiosity and for experimenting, i activated my windows against a kms server which i found on youtube. I already have a windows 11 pro digital license and i know how to get it back. I opened cmd as administrator and typed slmgr.vbs...
  6. Remove KMS Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove KMS Activation: Sorry if my english is badRecently, out of curiosity and for experimenting, i activated my windows against a kms server which i found on youtube. I already have a windows 11 pro digital license and i know how to get it back. I opened cmd as administrator and typed slmgr.vbs...
  7. KMS Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KMS Activation: Hello,I've activated Windows 10 on my new PC using my company's KMS activation server. Can my Boss or IT administrators track my activities or change anything on my PC? I used command prompt to connect to the KMS server and install volume license key....
  8. KMS activation

KMS activation: Sorry for my bad english, I am a bulgarian So, when i first got my laptop and I installed windows 10 on it I activted it with KMS with cmd. Its a way to pirate windows 10 but i dont do it because i realised that its wrong. Anyway, i bought a legit key for windows 10 but now i...
  9. msguides kms activation

msguides kms activation: Hello, i recently activate my windows 10 with a msguides kms server but i am afraid of it being a spyware and i want to deactivated and get back to normal but after deactivating with slmgr /upk and slmgr /cpky it comes back some hours after. How can i delete it completely and...
  10. is windows kms activation safe?

is windows kms activation safe?: is it safe to activate windows with kms? cause I friend of mine activated my windows and told me that he activated with kms the site in the kms was : msguides is that safe? like can it see your information or accounts?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft office kms activation threshold