Windows 10: Known good USB Lexar 3.0 Card Readers are unstable / unusable

Discus and support Known good USB Lexar 3.0 Card Readers are unstable / unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Environment is Lenovo P51 and P52 ThinkPad’s, Windows 10Pro, Norton anti-virus, Malwarebytes, everything kept up to date, etc. I routinely made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by earlyvirginia, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Known good USB Lexar 3.0 Card Readers are unstable / unusable

Environment is Lenovo P51 and P52 ThinkPad’s, Windows 10Pro, Norton anti-virus, Malwarebytes, everything kept up to date, etc.

I routinely made weekly 100% clone backups to spare USBconnected hard drives on the P51 and have continued that on the P52 so the USBports & circuits work fine on both P51 & P52.

I also have a Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot cardreader...only used it a couple times a month on the P51.

After upgrading my Lenovo P51 to its big brother P52,everything with the P52 has been working fine for several weeks, with the P51resting in the safe...the only difference being that now the P52 has the latestWindows 10 cumulative update, which the retired P51 does not yet have.

Here's the issue:

I haven't had to use my Lexar USB Card Reader on the newerP52 until today and there's a strange problem...when I plug it in, it'sunstable / unusable.

I can see the drive letter indication flashing on & offabout every 5 seconds in Windows Explorer...and I see the same flashingactivity in "Disk Management".

I broke out a brand new spare Lexar USB card reader to tryit and it failed the same way.

I did the "driver update" checks in Device Managerand the latest drivers are installed.

And I also disabled / enabled the Lexar drives in DeviceManager, but no help.

Finally I got out the retired P51 and tried both of the USBLexar card readers in it, and they both worked perfectly...so it’s not a USBcard reader device problem.

and remember, the P52 USB ports & circuits work finewith USB connected hard drives

So at this point, it might be that the main differencebetween all the above is that the P52 has the latest large Windows cumulativeupdate on it that the older P51 does not yet have.

So I figured it was time for me to see if the MicrosoftBrain Trust here might be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any known causes / fixes some of youmight have.

:)

earlyvirginia, Jan 29, 2021

2. Lexar card reader

I have a Lexar 25 in 1 USB 3.0 reader. under windows 7 it showed up in My Computer as 5 drives. now it shows up as only 1 drive and only upon inserting a card. In properties it shows a 5 drives but I cannot get it onto my computer (this PC) on windows
    10. is there a solve to this?

Bob Kendall, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Darksaber Win User
    Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader

Card readers are steadily catching up with the fastest memory cards out there, and with the help of USB 3.0, speeds well beyond those of USB 2.0 can be achieved. Lexar packs all this punch into the Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader aimed at professional users that need the fasted transfer speeds.

Show full review

Darksaber, Jan 29, 2021
  4. AudioDoc Win User

Known good USB Lexar 3.0 Card Readers are unstable / unusable

Lexar Professionall USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Card Reader operated normally, but recently is not recognized.

My Lexar Professionall USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Card Reader operated normally, but recently is not recognized.

I've been using this card reader with no issues for several years in Windows 8 and now Windows 10. It no longer shows up in Computer or file explorer.

It does show up in disc management with or without a card inserted.

The card reader works fine in my wife's Win 10 laptop and on my Win 10 work computer. All computers are 64 bit and have USB 3 and well as 2, but it makes no difference which USB port is used.

Thanks

AudioDoc, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Known good USB Lexar 3.0 Card Readers are unstable / unusable

1. Known good USB Lexar 3.0 Card Readers are unstable / unusable - Similar Threads - Known USB Lexar

2. USB and card reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB and card reader stopped working: Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing...
  3. USB CF Card reader

USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  4. External USB card reader is not working

External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  5. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  6. Ethernet Card Unstable!

Ethernet Card Unstable!: I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop. The Ethernet Card iseems so have some connectivity issue and I have to wiggle the cord to get it going at times. It is not the cord itself (we've tried 3 different ones) but something in the card. Problem is that the Ethernet is part of the...
  7. Lexar Professionall USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Card Reader operated normally, but recently is not...

Lexar Professionall USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Card Reader operated normally, but recently is not...: My Lexar Professionall USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Card Reader operated normally, but recently is not recognized. I've been using this card reader with no issues for several years in Windows 8 and now Windows 10. It no longer shows up in Computer or file explorer. It does show up...
  8. USB card reader keep disconnecting

USB card reader keep disconnecting: Hello! I have a USB card reader that I use with a Micro SD card to record my favorite series from a DVB-T set-top box when at work so I can watch it later. While recording it works OK due probably to the low data rate required. The problem arises when I connect it to my...
  9. Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader: hello, When I was viewing my windows 10 updates I saw some unusual update history of my Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader, (see attachments)I very rarely use this on my Dell Inspiron ONE but thought I would just check it out, and it did of course not work, I tried to find the...
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733