Windows 10: Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

Discus and support Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, The computer at my workplace updated on Thursday. It installed the Creative update that gets rid of Paint. Since the update I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

Hi,

The computer at my workplace updated on Thursday. It installed the Creative update that gets rid of Paint.

Since the update I have been unable to print. It says Printing Error and nothing else. I can scan and tell the printer to print a test page, from the computer, but not print.

I have tried reinstalling the software/driver, but didn't help, also tried in compatibility mode (Windows 7), again no help. Also tried manually installing it via the older model printer feature, but the green bar just keep scrolling and never seems to finish installing.

I need this sorting because the printer is required for the business to run (send parcels etc).

Computer is a Compaq CQ230EA, running Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483.

Printer is a Kodak ESP 1.2.

Thanks.

:)

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017

2. Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

Hi,

The computer at my workplace updated on Thursday. It installed the Creative update that gets rid of Paint.

Since the update I have been unable to print. It says Printing Error and nothing else. I can scan and tell the printer to print a test page, from the computer, but not print.

I have tried reinstalling the software/driver, but didn't help, also tried in compatibility mode (Windows 7), again no help. Also tried manually installing it via the older model printer feature, but the green bar just keep scrolling and never seems to
    finish installing.

I need this sorting because the printer is required for the business to run (send parcels etc).

Computer is a Compaq CQ230EA, running Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483.

Printer is a Kodak ESP 1.2.

Thanks.

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

There is only one driver available on the Kodak website and as I said previously the printer has worked on all the other previous versions of Windows, it is this Creators update which has screwed things up.

It is already an administrators account.

I'll try that tomorrow and will let you know.

It's connected by USB.

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

I have the same Version and Build on my computers and Paint/MSPaint is still viable, might be shown in Start, W section, Windows Accessories. I use it every morning to print part of the daily paper and at other times such as posting screenshots here.

Windows 10 [and 8.0/8.1] is not mentioned on this page as being supported:
    Specifications and features

I have run into issues where a printer was working fine on Win7 and continued to work on the Win10 Upgrade but would not install on a new computer with Win10 and no drivers were available, had to replace the printer.

Berton, Aug 4, 2017
  5. Hi airbusA346. Welcome to the TenForums @airbusA346

Different printer but this member proposed this solution. Some success.

Can no longer print

I would also do what you did, that is disconnect printer, uninstall printer from windows and ensure you delete software for drivers.

Then install software and wait for software to ask for printer, then connect and complete installation.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2017
  6. I had a look at that printing direct to the printer earlier today, but the open isn't selectable.

I also tried that, when I did the compatibility install, and it still didn't work.

Damn Windows Updates! *Mad

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  7. The printer has worked fine on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It was working with no issues until Thursday when the computer did the massive update that took 3 hours to finish.

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  8. Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

With it installed in device manager what driver and manufacturer of driver is being used?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2017
  9. I can't look, because it is a work computer, but I seem to recall it is a driver from 2013.I can't look, because it is a work computer, but I seem to recall it is a driver from 2013.

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  10. Okay a locked down device.

I would suggest contacting IT and have them give the installation a try and or confirm driver. If you can't look at device manager they could have restricted other changes. Wish I had better idea. May be another member will.

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2017
  11. There is no IT. It is a family business, just me and my dad. I am the IT support lol.

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  12. Okay, misunderstood you. When you say you can't look it is because the computer is not with you, it is at work.

I would still check.

By the way, does the event viewer give you any more info on the print error, hopefully some details and a code?

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2017
  13. Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

Yes, the computer is at work.

When the error message appeared in the bottom right hand corner I clicked it and nothing happened. Was hoping it might have told me more info, but no.

airbusA346, Aug 4, 2017
  14. Okay, when you get to work open the Event Viewer. Not sure if this is a system log or application log but one should record event and give you more info.

You may also open Reliability History and see if it has capture event. Likely a little easier to find error.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update

1. Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update - Similar Threads - Kodak Printer Won't

2. Kodak ESP C315 Printer - not printing in black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kodak ESP C315 Printer - not printing in black: I have had a problem printing in black from my printer for the past week. It is only rarely used and hasn't had much use since the pandemic. I have inserted a new black cartridge, have cleaned the printheads a few times and still no joy. I see it is a common fault elsewhere...
  3. Kodak ESP C315 Printer - not printing in black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kodak ESP C315 Printer - not printing in black: I have had a problem printing in black from my printer for the past week. It is only rarely used and hasn't had much use since the pandemic. I have inserted a new black cartridge, have cleaned the printheads a few times and still no joy. I see it is a common fault elsewhere...
  4. Windows 10 update and printer won't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update and printer won't print: Installed May '20 windows 10 update and then upgraded to v1909 and printer won't print. When I send a doc even a test page to the printer, the printer lights up like it's going to print, but then doesn't print. I check the printer queue and it's empty. I've reset the printer,...
  5. Printer won't print after Win 10 update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print after Win 10 update!: I have a Canon Pixma IP8720 Printer It has worked fine since I got it in Jan 2019 After your update yesterday it won't print Message states not connected. It is WIFI Connie...
  6. kodak printer ESP C315 won't print since windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    kodak printer ESP C315 won't print since windows update KB4023057: Since the update KB4023057 my printer won't print. It draws the paper in but then it just comes straight out. Error code 105 - 3506 wrong paper size shows. Does anyone else have this problem?...
  7. PRINTER WON'T PRINT

PRINTER WON'T PRINT: After a windows update, my HP Deskjet 3522 printer is not printing or making copies. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/d15c7ca5-b05d-4423-9b07-046097e702ec
  8. kodak ESP3250 will not print -

kodak ESP3250 will not print -: I have had windows 10 installed on my dell computer and now my kodak ESP350 will not print .I have been on the windows website and downloaded the correct drivers but it still will not print....
  9. Printer won't print.

Printer won't print.: About a month ago I bought a laser printer. It's a Samsung Xpress Multifunction M2070W. Starting today it will not print. I know the reason as a message comes up saying "Out of toner." I believe that there is still toner in it. This printer (and I'm sure most printers) have a...
  10. Kodak 3.2 printer

Kodak 3.2 printer: Hi, newbie here and to Windows 10, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (upgraded in the loosest sense), first it was no sound which after hours of messing about I managed to fix, but now I have no printer at all. Windows 10 does not recognise my printer, it is a Kodak 3.2...